We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: End of Week.
This page is about planned versions of all editions of Minecraft. These updates either have major sources to their existence or have received development versions.
Note that only editions with known planned updates are listed here - if no known planned updates exist the edition is left out.
1.13 is an upcoming major update with no set release date.
1.1.1 is an upcoming Pocket Edition hotfix only update to address stability issues introduced in 1.1.
TU54/CU44/PS 1.52/Wii U Patch 24/NS Patch 4
- Dye crafting tab
- Woodland mansion
- "Biome Scale" world option
- Select the biome size wanted for Biomes in World--Larger biomes will likely mean less biomes
- "Find Balanced Seeds" world option
- Explorer maps
- Totem of undying
- Off-hand support for this item as well
- Spawn eggs for:
- Updated textures of donkey and mule spawn eggs
- Nitwit and cartographer villagers
Better Together Update
- Cross-platform compatibility.
- Porting the Pocket / Windows 10 version to the Xbox One and the Nintendo Switch, with the option to import existing Console Edition worlds to this new edition
- Joining the iOS, Android, Windows 10, Gear VR, and the new Xbox and Nintendo Switch editions into one title, "Minecraft".
- In-game servers.
|This update's name is conjectural.
An official name is yet to be given to the subject matter and may change at any time.
- To be released in late 2017
- Available for all the same platforms that get the Better Together Update
- Graphics options
- 4K HDR graphics
- "Super Duper Shader Pack".
- "Features like dynamic shadows, lighting that streams through fog, movement in leaves and grass, new textures for mobs and villagers, directional lighting, edge highlighting and more"
- “New plushies!” – @4JStudios, June 7, 2017
- “Horsing around ;)” – @4JStudios, June 15, 2017
- “Don't stop there ;)” – @4JStudios, May 31, 2017
- “You are usually more observant @ibxtoycat ;)” – @4JStudios, May 31, 2017
- “Wither Skeleton will have its own Spawn egg :)” – @4jsteve, June 7, 2017
- "All the News From E3!" – Minecraft.net
|Legacy Console Edition|
|New Nintendo 3DS Edition|