dec: 3514 hex: 15F4 bin: 1010111114
|“||A glimmer of blue in the dark wall of a cave - could it be DIAMOND? Ah, no. Instead you've stumbled on a seam of lapis lazuli ore. It can be fashioned into a fancy blue block (which can only otherwise to be found in the centre of Illager statues in Woodland Mansions), or into the dyes beloved of aesthetes who want to splash a bit of colour about. But it doesn't make for hardy armour, and for that reason, survival specialists may be disappointed to discover it.||„|
Lapis lazuli is a primary color dye and an enchanting item.
|Lapis Lazuli Block|
|Lapis Lazuli Ore +
Like all other dyes, lapis lazuli can be:
- Applied to sheep to dye their wool, which can then be sheared for 1–3 blocks of blue wool.
- Applied to tamed wolves to dye their collars.
- Used to dye/stain wool, leather armor, beds, glass, terracotta and shulker boxes.
- Combined with gunpowder to make a firework star.
- Combined with a firework star to create a “fade to color” effect.
- Used to add patterns to banners.
- Used to dye shulkers.[Bedrock Edition only]
- Combined with sand and gravel to craft concrete powder.
Lapis lazuli has the ID name
minecraft:dye, with a data value of 4.
|7||Light Gray Dye|
|12||Light Blue Dye|
|1.2||Added lapis lazuli.|
|1.2_02||Lapis lazuli ore can be found at bedrock level and now it drops 4–8 lapis lazuli per block mined (increased from 1) on single player only (Minecraft beta servers have not been affected yet).|
|1.8||Lapis lazuli can be found in mineshaft chests.|
|1.4.2||12w34a||Added the ability to dye leather armor and wolf collars.|
|1.4.6||12w49a||Lapis lazuli can be crafted with gunpowder to create a firework star.|
|1.6.1||13w19a||Stained clay can now be crafted.|
|1.7.2||13w36a||With the addition of new flowers, many secondary and tertiary dyes are now primary dyes.|
|13w41a||Stained glass can now be crafted.|
|1.8||14w02a||Enchanting requires lapis lazuli, different enchantments that requires different amount of levels requires different amounts of lapis lazuli (between 1-3).|
|Lapis lazuli was made a renewable resource, as Villagers now trade lapis lazuli.|
|14w30a||Added banners which can be dyed.|
|1.9||15w44a||Decreased average yield from mineshaft chests.|
|Legacy Console Edition|
|TU1||CU1||1.0||Patch 1||Added lapis lazuli.|
|TU31||CU19||1.22||Patch 3||Lapis is now used in enchanting.|
|Pocket Edition Alpha|
|0.4.0||Added lapis lazuli.|
|0.12.1||build 1||Lapis lazuli is now used in enchanting.|
Issues relating to “Lapis Lazuli” are maintained on the issue tracker. Report issues there.
- In real life, lapis lazuli is a medium hard stone used for making jewelry and as a pigment.