The Gamepedia and Fandom account systems have now been merged. If your username is incorrect, you have accounts on both platforms that weren't merged, or you have trouble signing in, please submit a support ticket.
Join The Fan Lab, a private Fandom research community for users in the US and UK where you will be asked to share your opinions on all things gaming and entertainment! Click here to see if you qualify
Java Edition Classic 0.0.21a
June 22, 2009
|The pre-reupload version of this version is currently missing.|
This version has been reuploaded at one point in time. While the reuploaded version has been archived, the pre-reupload has not, meaning that it is currently lost.
If you believe you have a copy of this version, please post it on this page's talk page.
- Now has a gray background.
- It is now possible to walk and change slots while in the inventory.
- World generation
- "Carving" section of world generation has been changed slightly, causing the world to take longer to generate.
- Higher FPS on some computers.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to be impossible to play on MacBook.
- Fixed a bug with OpenGL picking.
- Changed to using raycasting.
- Fixed a problem with not being able to highlight blocks.
- Pre-reupload: mouse autoclicking no longer works.
The following lists the changes in the reupload of 0.0.21a.
- Auto-clicking now works again.
- Reach was increased by a little more than 2 blocks.
- If a plant is in the shade, then selected, its sprite will vanish.
- Introduced a hang bug, causing the game to suddenly freeze at random times.
- IRC logs on Archive.org; #minecraft.20090622.log. June 22, 2009 (UTC−5).
- IRC logs: "P2:52:16 <Notch> 0.0.21a is up, fixing the long standing picking bug" (19:52:16 UTC)
- "minecrafting" – Lil fimbul, June 23, 2009 – via YouTube
- "New client, fixes a few annoyances" – The Word of Notch, June 22, 2009
- IRC logs: "P3:12:15 <peerkoel> hm, client version is still 0.0.21a?" (20:12:15 UTC)
- IRC logs: "P3:09:13 <Notch> client is updated again" [...] "P3:10:20 <Notch> does autoclick work now?" (20:09:13 to 20:10:20 UTC)
- IRC logs: "P2:52:22 <Notch> also, new B-menu", "P2:52:28 <Notch> you can walk and change slot with it up now" (19:52 UTC)
- IRC logs: "P2:54:48 <greenslimy> Notch, Im on single player and generating a map is so slow >.>" [...] "P2:57:04 <Notch> carving changed a bit" (19:54:48 & 19:57:04 UTC)
- IRC logs: "P2:58:28 <peerkoel> Notch: what exactly was the picking bug?" [...] P2:58:40 <Notch> opengl picking wasn't working right on some cards" (19:58 UTC)
- IRC logs: "P2:58:54 <Notch> so I changed it to a pure software implementation (raycasting)", "P2:58:57 <Notch> it's also ten times faster, heh" (19:58 UTC)
- IRC logs: P4:05:10 <Haruhi2> I fixed the problem" [...] "P4:05:17 <Haruhi2> with not being able to highlight" [...] "P4:05:41 <Notch> actually, 0.0.21a fixes it at well" [...] "P4:05:51 <Notch> all highlighting is done is software now. =)" (21:05 UTC)
- IRC logs: "P3:00:13 <PuyoDead> no auto click is killing me already" (20:00:13 UTC)
- IRC logs: "P3:12:45 <AlLnAtuRalX> Notch, thanks for increasing build distance" (20:12:45 UTC)
- IRC logs: "P3:13:23 <vdgmprgrmr> I noticed that, if any plant is in the shade, and you move your cursor over it while in delete mode, a transparent white box will appear like normal, but the actual plant sprites will vanish." (20:12:23 UTC)
- IRC logs: "P3:53:52 <flak> minecraft keeps randomly hanging my furryfaux", "P3:53:56 <Maulrus> same", "P3:54:05 <vdgmprgrmr> Same as flak." [...] "P3:54:20 <Maulrus> minecraft crashes it and I have to close the tab quickly when I restart it or it'll freeze it again", "P3:54:23 <Maulrus> but not often", "P3:54:24 <vdgmprgrmr> But it happens pretty rarely..." [...] "P3:55:15 <ZomBuster> it randomly freezes" (20:53:52 to 20:55:15 UTC)