Java Edition 1.8.9
December 9, 2015
|Other editions of 1.8.9|
- Added a Realms Notifications toggle to the Options menu, toggleable to ON and OFF.
- Will now change their texture when the computer time is set to the 24th to 26th of December to suit Christmas.
- Better Realms integration.
- New buttons to configure/leave realms without having to select them first.
- 13 issues fixed
- From released versions before 1.8
- MC-2324 – Player trapped/cannot get out of flowing water
- MC-17595 – Villages still spawn when "village" is not in the preset
- MC-31577 – Some arrows shot into a block never despawn
- MC-33265 – Words are divided in chat.
- MC-36260 – Nonstandard parts of nonstandard character skin still show with invisibility potion.
- MC-42150 – Christmas trapped chests do not have texture of presents
- MC-47726 – Block breaking animation may occasionally change to a weird color
- From the 1.8 development versions
- MC-57016 – Water and lava glitches and shows blocks as if air
- MC-72469 – Fence gate smooth lighting inconsistent
- From the current version, hotfixed
- MC-94199 – Realms crash when using arrow keys on advertisement page.
- MC-94467 – When closing a world on Realms, the world remains on closing and players could not switch to the same world or another world.
- MC-94651 – Ampersand will trim realm name and description.
- MC-94820 – Realms:
an error occurred (401): invalid session id.
Video made by slicedlime:
- Despite this version being very outdated, it is still popular among minigame players and plugin servers, due to a dislike of the 1.9 Combat Update's changes to PvP.