February 15, 2012
12w07a is the sixth snapshot for Java Edition 1.2.1, released on February 15, 2012, which adds redstone lamps and updates the world type from Region to Anvil, which increased the height limit from 128 to 256.
- World file format
- Worlds now use the new Anvil file format instead of Region
- Maltese language
- Re-added after being removed in 12w01a.
- Decreased chance for the rare mob drops.
- All animals now use the new AI system.
- Animals can now move their heads when walking.
- Baby animals will now follow wheat.
- Villagers will now repopulate villages based on how many houses there are available.
- The player may add houses to villages, provided they are enclosed with a roof and wooden door.
- Includes zombie sieges.
- Multiplayer light calculations no longer cause affected blocks to be transmitted to clients; instead the clients will recalculate the light on their own.
- This means that chunk errors cannot be fixed by updating blocks anymore.
- 3 bugs fixed
- Fixed wolf AI: they no longer teleport huge distances when the player is hit.
- Fixed Zombies breaking iron doors.
- Fixed regular cows breeding with mooshrooms.