Xbox One Edition
Digital - Marketplace
Minecraft: Xbox One Edition was the Xbox One edition of Minecraft Legacy Console Edition developed by 4J Studios before the Better Together Update. An announcement trailer was shown during Microsoft's press conference at E3 2013. This edition built off the Xbox 360 Edition. On May 22, 2014, Mojang confirmed that the game would be released in August 2014. On August 29, 4J Studios tweeted that the game had been handed over to Xbox for final testing. Minecraft: Xbox One Edition was officially released on September 5, 2014.
When the Better Together Update was released on September 20, 2017 , the Xbox One Edition was made unavailable for digital purchase on the Xbox Store, but DLC is still available. You can still, however, buy a retail version of the game. Bedrock Edition is a free download for all digital owners of Xbox One Edition. Owners of the disc version who bought DLC from the digital store, or played at least five hours between September 20, 2016 and January 30, 2018, also received it for free. Xbox One Edition is a separate game from Bedrock Edition and is still playable for anyone who owns it. DLC for Xbox One Edition can still be purchased, and most of it will carry over to Bedrock Edition. When selecting a world in Bedrock Edition, any world from Xbox One Edition can be imported.
Initially, Xbox One Edition was planned to no longer receive updates, starting with the lack of an equivalent update to TU58, but the edition later received CU50, an update adding the MINECON Earth Skin Pack, and later updates resumed entirely with CU51, an update equivalent to TU60 which also added all the features from TU58.
Compared to Xbox 360 Edition, Xbox One Edition included larger world sizes up to 5120x5120 blocks (36 times larger), 18 chunk render distance, amplified worlds, and enhancements offered by the Xbox One. Despite it being very similar to Bedrock Edition, Xbox One Edition still has all of the Legacy Console Edition exclusive features, with the most notable being the built-in mini games. Because of licensing restrictions, some of the Xbox One Edition DLC is unavailable in Bedrock Edition, and some of it is not on the Marketplace and can only be obtained if it was bought for the Xbox One Edition.
For Xbox 360 Edition players who wish to transfer worlds, it is preferable to buy the disc version of Xbox One Edition instead of buying the new Bedrock Edition, and do so before January 30, 2018. With no current method of transferring worlds directly from the Xbox 360 Edition to Bedrock Edition for Xbox One, the only way is to import the Xbox 360 world in Xbox One Edition and then import the Xbox One world in Bedrock Edition after getting it from playing the Xbox One Edition for five hours. It is unknown what will happen to the transfer functionality after the Xbox 360 Edition is updated with new content that does not exist in the Xbox One Edition.
The following DLC is only usable in Xbox One Edition and does not carry over to Bedrock Edition, either because of licensing restrictions or because they are for the Mini Games:
- First Birthday Skin Pack
- Second Birthday Skin Pack
- Third Birthday Skin Pack
- Fourth Birthday Skin Pack
- Fifth Birthday Skin Pack
- Battle Map Pack 1
- Battle Map Pack 2
- Battle Map Pack 3
- Battle Map Pack 4
- Halloween Battle Map
- Festive Battle Map
- Fallout Battle Map Pack
- Glide Beasts Track Pack
- Glide Giants Track Pack
- Glide Myths Track Pack
Mass Effect Mash-Up Pack, Doctor Who Skins Volumes I and II, and Skin Packs 1-6 are also currently not included in Bedrock Edition, but Mojang stated in the Bedrock 1.2 patch notes that they are working on getting the license to add them.
If the Minecon 2015 Skin Pack was purchased during the limited time it was available, it transfers to Bedrock Edition and is usable in multiplayer. The Simpsons Skin Pack, as well as the Marvel skin packs, also transfer, but are not usable in multiplayer.
In default settings, the controls are always displayed on the HUD.
- - Jump (double tap to fly while in Creative)
- - Drop item
- - Open crafting menu in Creative Mode or survival
- - Open inventory
- - Place block/use item
- - Mine/use block or item
- / - Change the selected block
- - Move
- (Moved forward twice in rapid succession) - Sprint
- (pressed down) - Change camera angle.
- - Look
- (pressed down) - Sneak/walk, descend while flying in Creative mode, dismount an entity
- Interface (Crafting/Smelting/Brewing/Inventory)
- - Pickup/Drop item
- - Exit interface
- - Take half of the highlited stack/show information about the selected block or item
- - Move selected stack to Chest/Brewing stand, move between inventory and hotbar.
- / - Move pointer/change selected item.
- - access creative inventory "if in creative"
- (pressed down) - crouch/crouch in bed
- As with the Xbox 360 trailer, this one was also created by Hat Films.
Minecraft: Xbox One Edition Holiday Pack was released on November 24, 2015 with seven "fan-favorite" DLC included. This edition contains all of the same features of Minecraft: Xbox One Edition along with the DLC bundled in. This bundle is meant to celebrate the Christmas holidays and costs US$29.99.
- Skin packs:
- Texture packs:
- Mash-up packs:
Marvel Skin Packs Bundle
The Minecraft Marvel Skin Packs Bundle was released on November 30, 2015 and contains all of the Marvel Skin Packs:
The bundle was meant to be a discount for the Marvel Skin Packs. On December 22, 2015 the bundle was removed from the Xbox Marketplace, thus being no longer available for the Xbox One and the Xbox 360. This bundle costed $6.99 and was available in the Xbox One and the Xbox 360.  The Marvel Skin Packs from the bundle still transfer to Bedrock Edition, but they are not usable in online or LAN multiplayer.
- Xbox, "Minecraft: Xbox One Edition Announce Trailer", YouTube, 2013-06-10.
- Edwin Evans-Thirlwell, "Minecraft Xbox 360: the five greatest technical challenges". Official Xbox Magazine, 2012-05-25. Accessed 2013-07-29.
- In Portugal and Russia, the PEGI rating is 6+.
- 4J Studios, "Happy to confirm we're developing Minecraft PS3, PS4 & PS Vita Editions for Mojang, as well as Xbox 360 & Xbox One Editions!", Twitter, 2013-08-21.
- "Minecraft: Xbox One Edition Reveal Trailer - E3 2013 Microsoft Conference", IGN, 2013-06-10.
- Hat Films, "Minecraft Xbox One Edition E3 Announcement", YouTube, 2013-06-10.
- https://store.xbox.com/Xbox-One/Bundle/Minecraft-Xbox-One-Edition-Holiday-Pack/e983405f-eacc-45b1-b489-d7a924bc29f9? Xbox Live Marketplace