TU9 was a version of Xbox 360 Edition released on April 4, 2013.
Blocks and items
- Spawn eggs (stackable to 16), sandstone stairs, fire charge, item frame, nether brick slabs, nether brick items, end crystal, birch and spruce wood planks, saplings, leaves, slabs and stairs.
- HUD size options for both splitscreen and full screen modes.
- Reset Nether option to force regeneration of The Nether. This is helpful for older saves that didn't have a nether fortress.
- Toggle for death messages.
- Toggle to hide or display the animated character in the User Interface.
- Allow individual splitscreen users to have their own settings for HUD.
- The End
- The world is not infinite, but has a block placement limit similar to that of the Nether
- Obsidian pillars are generated in a spiral circling an unactivated exit portal
- The crystals on the two tallest obsidian pillars are surrounded by iron bars.
- Re-added beaches.
- Tutorial world
- Moved six of the twelve music disc quests in the Tutorial World
- Changed the Tutorial world to add climbable vines and some of the new items and removed/reduced the items in the brewing, farming and breeding chests.
- Removed the achievements warning when loading a creative map that has already been saved in creative mode.
- Added smoother color transitions between biomes.
- Allow players to block with a sword when the ‘Can Build And Mine' option is unchecked by the host.
- Improved lighting code performance.
- Improved the loading/saving time.
- Changed the display order in the Minecraft Store to show newest DLC first.
- Added How To Play for the End and farming animals.
Blocks and items
- Bowls now stackable up to 64.
- X on maps to show location of the end portal when someone is in the End.
- Fence gates can now be opened and closed with redstone.
- Increased the distance jukeboxes can be heard from.
- Vines can now be climbed to ascend and descend.
- Slab recipes give 6 slabs.
- Wooden slabs crafted during and after this update are now flammable. Existing slabs will act as stone slabs and will not be stackable with the flammable slabs.
- Buckets now stackable up to 16.
- Signs are now stackable to 16.
- Sign recipe gives 3 signs.
- Dispensers will now exempt liquids from a filled bucket when given a redstone but do not properly fill empty buckets with a dispensed liquid due to a bug.
- Changed gravel texture from to .
- Nether wart will now grow in the Overworld.
- Wooden button
- Currently, they cannot be activated by shooting them with arrows, unlike wooden buttons in the Java Edition.
- Stone button now requires one block of stone instead of two.
- Trapdoors can be placed on half slabs and stairs
- Nether bricks can be crafted by using 4 nether brick items.
- Sheep can now regrow their wool by eating grass.
- Reduced the volume of the ghast sound effects.
- Increased the distance the ghast's sound effect for shooting a fireball can be heard from.
- Fixed glitch that allowed the player to use a cape on any skin.
- Fixed fireballs causing a freeze while entering the Nether.
- Fixed crash with ender pearls.
- Fix for cave spider size.
- Fixed experience orb pickup sound not having pitch variance.
- Fixed a crash when attaching glowstone to pistons.
- Fixed a render update problem on the end of world chunks.
- Stop the player animation for eating happening in the "Change Skin" menu.