World of Color Update
From Minecraft Wiki
- New colored blocks:
- Parrots in multiple colors.
- Several commands.
- Narrator – says what is typed in chat out loud (Ctrl+B to turn on).
- New sounds.
- Your hotbar can now be saved and loaded in Creative mode (C+number to save and X+number to load).
- Updated color palette of most colored blocks to be more vibrant.
- Recipe book and knowledge book.
- Replacing achievements with advancements.
- Stricter NBT syntax in commands.
- 1.12.1 updated the game credits and fixed a security issue.
- 1.12.2 changed the name from Minecraft to Minecraft: Java Edition.
A trailer documenting some of the World of Color Update's creations was released on Mojang's official YouTube channel on Jun 7, 2017. The trailer was made by Mojang themselves instead of Hat Films, similar to the Exploration Update's trailer.