World of Color Update
The first prerelease, 1.12-pre1, was released on May 10, 2017. This was followed by the second prerelease on May 11, the third on May 17, the fourth on May 18, the fifth on May 19, the sixth on May 29, and the seventh on May 31.
- New colored blocks:
- Parrots in multiple colors.
- Several commands.
- Narrator – says what is typed in chat out loud (Ctrl+B to turn on).
- New sounds.
- Your hotbar can now be saved and loaded in Creative mode (C+number to save and X+number to load).
- Updated color palette of most colored blocks to be more vibrant.
- Recipe book and knowledge book.
- Replacing achievements with advancements.
- Stricter NBT syntax in commands.
- 1.12.1 updated the game credits and fixed a security issue.
- 1.12.2 changed the name from Minecraft to Minecraft: Java Edition.
A trailer documenting some of the World of Color Update's creations was released on Mojang's official YouTube channel on Jun 7, 2017. The trailer was made by Mojang themselves instead of Hat Films, similar to the Exploration Update's trailer.