The Gamepedia and Fandom account systems have now been merged. If your username is incorrect, you have accounts on both platforms that weren't merged, or you have trouble signing in, please submit a support ticket.
Weapons are tools and items that can be used to damage entities. There are currently 10 weapons in-game :
- Axe – A melee weapon with a crushing blow attack.
- Sword – A melee weapon that has a sweep attack.
- Trident – An noncraftable weapon that has a melee attack, but it can also be launched from a distance.
- Bow – A ranged weapon that shoots arrows to deal damage.
- Crossbow – A ranged weapon that is stronger than a bow, but takes longer to reload.
- Arrow, Spectral Arrow and Tipped Arrow – Items that can be shot with bows, crossbow or dispensers to deal damage or apply status effects.
- Firework Rocket – Items that can be launched with crossbow or dispenser to deal damage and obscure opponent vision.
- Fire Charge – Can be shot out of a dispenser to deal damage. There are multiple sizes/types. Large fireballs are shot by Ghast and explode on impact. Small fireballs are shot by Blaze and can be crafted to shoot out of a Dispenser. They as well explode on impact. Dragon Fireballs are shot by the Ender Dragon and leave a damaging particle cloud.
- Snowball – A projectile shot by players, Dispenser and Snow Golem.
- Damage Splash Potions and Damage Lingering Potions – Potions that can be used to deal magical damage.
Other combat-related items:
- Shield - A defensive item that blocks attacks. However, axes can disable a Shield temporary.