We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: End of Week.
|Date of birth||
Leader of the Bukkit team
|Bug tracker profile|
Warren 'EvilSeph' Loo is a game developer who formerly worked for Mojang AB. The former leader of the Bukkit team, Loo was hired by Mojang to maintain the Minecraft servers and develop the official mod API. Before this was complete, his job capacity was broadened, to include general development. He announced his departure from Mojang on October 2, 2013, stating that he was looking to pursue other interests.
On August 21, 2014, he announced that the Bukkit project would be discontinued due to undisclosed reasons, citing changes to the Minecraft EULA and poor support from Mojang as contributing factors. This decision was later reversed by Mojang claiming to own the project.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- “Waking up to so many mentions, just awesome. Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone! :D” – @EvilSeph, January 25, 2013
- “Had a great time working for Mojang but it's time for me to pursue other interests. As of yesterday, I am no longer working for Mojang.” – @EvilSeph, October 2, 2013
- “Warren over at bukkit seems to have forgotten that the project was bought by Mojang over two years ago, and isn't his to discontinue.” – @jeb_, August 21, 2014
- “To make this clear: Mojang owns Bukkit. I'm personally going to update Bukkit to 1.8 myself. Bukkit IS NOT and WILL NOT BE the official API.” – @Dinnerbone, August 21, 2014
- “We took ownership of the Bukkit github repos & project. We'll see what happens from here.” – @_grum, August 21, 2014