Height: 1.95 Blocks
|— Marsh Davies|
Vindicators spawn during the generation of mansions, inside particular rooms. Some rooms contain 1, others contain 3, some contain 2 accompanied by an evoker, and some can rarely spawn in the corridors.
Vindicators can spawn during raids. They appear less frequently during earlier waves and at easier difficulties but are more common in later waves and at higher difficulties.
- 5 and an additional 1–3 per naturally-spawned equipment.
- 0–1 emeralds when killed by the player. The maximum increases by 1 for every level of Looting, for a maximum of 0-4 with Looting III.
- 8.5% chance of dropping their normal or enchanted iron axe, which increases by 1 percentage point per level of Looting.
In Bedrock Edition, if a vindicator spawns as part of a raid, it drops:
- 0-1 Emerald
Additionally, vindicators have a 65% chance of dropping the following on Easy and Normal difficulties, and an 80% chance of dropping them on Hard difficulty:
- 0-1 Emerald (10⁄39 chance)
- 2-3 Emerald (5⁄39 chance)
- 4-5 Emerald (2⁄39 chance)
- 1 Enchanted Book (2⁄39 chance)
- 1 Iron Axe (5⁄78 chance)
- 1 Iron Shovel (5⁄78 chance)
- 1 Iron Sword (5⁄78 chance)
- 1 Iron Helmet (5⁄78 chance)
- 1 Iron Chestplate (5⁄78 chance)
- 1 Iron Leggings (5⁄78 chance)
- 1 Iron Boots (5⁄78 chance)
- Iron equipment from raid drops always has a 50% chance of being enchanted with a random enchantment at level 5-19.
- Iron equipment from raid drops is always damaged.
- These drops are also affected by the Looting enchantment.
- The enchanted book has a level 30 enchantment, may be treasure enchantment.
- Emeralds are both a regular raid drop and an additional raid drop.
- With Looting III enchantment, a vindicator spawned from a raid can drop up to 16 emeralds upon death, but the chance is 3.328% on Easy or Normal, and 4.096% on Hard.
- It is possible for a vindicator spawned from a raid to drop both its naturally-spawned iron axe and a second iron axe from its additional raid drops (in Easy and Normal difficulty 0.3536% chance, 0.3952% chance with Looting I, 0.4368% chance with Looting II, and 0.4784% chance with Looting III, while in Hard difficulty 0.4352% chance, 0.4864% chance with Looting I, 0.5376% chance with Looting II, and 0.5888% chance with Looting III).
When attacking, a vindicator raises its main hand brandishing an iron axe. It moves sprinting. While not attacking, a vindicator crosses its arms similar to a villager and does not show the axe in its hand. A vindicator follows from up to 12 blocks away.
Johnny tag overrides its name; the player can give the vindicator any other name and set the
Johnny tag to
1b and it remains hostile in the same way as described. Conversely, the player can name the vindicator Johnny and set the
Johnny tag to
0b, causing the vindicator to act as a normal vindicator.
During raids, vindicators can open doors, just as villagers do.[JE only]
They break wooden doors in Normal and Hard modes whereas attacking.
A vindicator disables the player's shield with its iron axe attack, even when riding a mob.[JE only] For example, a player may not survive trying to land a melee attack on a vindicator that rides a ravager during a raid in Hard difficulty.
|The following sounds section uses an outdated format and should be redone using |
|Sound||Subtitle||Namespaced ID||Subtitle ID||Source||Pitch||Volume||Attenuation distance|
Vindicators have entity data associated with them that contain various properties of the mob.
- Entity data
- Tags common to all entities see Template:Nbt inherit/entity/template
- Tags common to all mobs see Template:Nbt inherit/mob/template
- Tags common to all mobs spawnable in raids see Template:Nbt inherit/raidable/template
- Johnny: Optional. 1 or 0 (true/false) - Setting to true causes the vindicator to exhibit Johnny behavior. Setting to false prevents the vindicator exhibiting Johnny behavior, even if named Johnny.
|Icon||Achievement||In-game description||Actual requirements (if different)||Xbox points earned||Trophy type (PS)|
|Monster Hunter||Attack and destroy a monster.||Kill a hostile mob or one of the following neutral mobs: enderman, zombie pigman, spider, cave spider.||15G||Bronze|
|Icon||Advancement||In-game description||Parent||Actual requirements (if different)||Namespaced ID|
|Adventure||Adventure, exploration, and combat||—||Kill any entity, or be killed by any entity.|
|Monster Hunter||Kill any hostile monster||Adventure||Kill one of these 25 mobs. In Java Edition 1.16, elder guardians, ender dragons, endermites, hoglins, piglins, vexes, withers, and zoglins can also be killed for this advancement. Other mobs may be killed, but are ignored for the advancement.|
|Monsters Hunted||Kill one of every hostile monster||Monster Hunter||Kill each of these 25 mobs. In Java Edition 1.16, elder guardians, ender dragons, endermites, hoglins, piglins, vexes, withers and zoglins are also required for the advancement. Other mobs may be killed, but are ignored for the advancement.|
|16w40a||"Johnny" vindicators are now activated by a custom tag in addition to a custom name.|
|The vindicators' axes are now one of their |
|Vindicators have now been heavily buffed - their attack damage on Easy has now been increased from 3 to 7, on Normal 5 to 13 × 6.5, and on Hard, 7 to 19 × 9.5. On normal and hard difficulties, a vindicator can kill an unarmored player in just 2 hits.|
|1.13||pre5||The entity ID for vindicators has now been changed from |
|1.14||18w43a||The texture of vindicators has now been changed. The eye colors are now same green as the evoker.|
|18w45a||Vindicators can now spawn in illager patrols.|
|Vindicators can now sometimes spawn as a patrol leader in illager patrols.|
|18w47a||Vindicators can now spawn as part of raids.|
|Vindicators can now break doors.|
|18w47b||The texture of vindicators has now been changed. The eye colors have been changed to blue as before again.|
|19w05a||Vindicators are now hostile toward the new wandering traders.|
|19w13a||If raiding vindicators killed all the villagers in the village or the beds were destroyed, vindicators celebrate their victory by laughing and raising their arms in the air.|
|1.14.3||Pre-Release 2||Vindicators no longer spawn as part of illager patrols.|
|1.15||19w41a||Vindicators now have a fifth idle sound (known as "idle5"). The sound had been in the game files since 1.11, but was never heard in-game until this update.|
|1.1.0||alpha 188.8.131.52||Added vindicators.|
|1.10.0||beta 184.108.40.206||The texture of vindicators has now been changed.|
|Vindicators are now hostile toward the new wandering traders.|
|1.11.0||beta 220.127.116.11||Vindicators can now spawn as part of illager patrols and raids.|
|Vindicators can now spawn as raid captains.|
|Vindicators no longer attack baby villagers.|
|beta 18.104.22.168||Vindicators that spawn from raids now have special drops upon death.|
|beta 22.214.171.124||Vindicators can now break wooden doors.|
|1.13.0||beta 126.96.36.199||If raiding vindicators killed all the villagers in the village or the beds were destroyed, vindicators celebrate their victory by laughing and raising their arms in the air.|
|Legacy Console Edition|
|TU54||CU44||1.52||Patch 24||1.0.4||Added vindicators.|
|Vindicators deal 6 on Easy, 10 on Normal, 15 × 7.5 on Hard.|
|PlayStation 4 Edition|
|1.90||The texture of vindicators has now been changed.|
|New Nintendo 3DS Edition|
|— Jens Bergensten|
- Naming a vindicator "Johnny" causes the vindicator to become hostile toward most mobs, except other illagers and ghasts; a reference to The Shining.
- Vindicators have blue eyes, unlike other illagers, who have green eyes. In the Texture Update, vindicators and illusioners were changed to green eyes, but in 18w47b the color of the vindicator's eyes turned blue again.
- They do the third-highest melee damage of all the non-boss mobs, first being the giant, second being the iron golem and fourth being the ravager.
- "Meet the Vindicator" – Minecraft.net, June 20, 2017