Village and Pillage
Village and Pillage is an upcoming major update with a possible release date in early 2019. The official name for the update, Village and Pillage, was revealed on September 29, 2018, during the MINECON Earth 2018 livestream. This update will be released for Java Edition as version 1.14, while Bedrock Edition will receive this update in versions 1.8 and 1.9.
- New blocks:
- 14 new stairs, including, stone, smooth stone, diorite, andesite, granite (and their polished variants), mossy cobblestone and smooth sandstone stairs.
- 14 new slabs, including stone, diorite, andesite, granite (and their polished variants), mossy cobblestone and smooth sandstone slabs.
- 12 new walls, including diorite, andesite, granite, bricks, sandstone, prismarine, prismarine bricks and dark prismarine.
- Generate in bamboo forests in jungles
- Can be climbed quickly.
- The player can build a pillar of scaffolding by just pressing use on the top face of a scaffolding block.
- The whole structure breaks when the bottom block is broken.
- The bottom and sides have no collision detection.
- Storage block similar to chest
- Decoration block which produces sound
- Blast Furnaces
- Block used for smelting ores twice as fast as a traditional furnace
- Blocks used for cooking foodstuffs
- Cartography Table
- Block that generates naturally in villages. Currently no functionality to the user
- Fletching Table
- Block that generates naturally in villages, specifically in the fletcher's house. Has no current functionality
- Smithing Tables
- Block that generates naturally in villages. Has no current functionality
- Stonecutters can be found inside mason houses in villages. No functionality at current time
- Can now be used to make banner patterns
- New items:
- Stronger than bows, but slower to reload.
- Will be able to be enchanted with new enchantments:
- Fires three arrows at once in different directions.
- Fast Reload
- Increases the reload speed.
- Projectile pierce through enemies.
- Can shoot firework rockets holding the crossbow in one hand and the fireworks in the other.
- Can be crafted.
- New mobs:
- Illager beasts
- This is the first update to not have "Update" in its official name.
- The pillagers were previously mentioned by Jeb in response to a suggestion posted on Reddit.
- "Everything We Announced at MINECON Earth 2018!" – Minecraft.net, September 29, 2018