Height: 0.8 Blocks
Summoned by evokers
|“||We started talking about making more hostile mobs, so we started drawing a lot of doodles on paper and then I kind of liked just having a small humanoid shape with wings. It essentially looked like a little nasty angel or devil.||„|
|— Jeb about the Vex, July 17, 2017|
Vexes spawn naturally only as part of an evoker's summoning attack; the evoker signals this attack by producing off-white smoke and a high-pitched horn-like sound. Exactly 3 vexes will appear near the evoker. The evoker will summon vexes even if there are some still left alive from the last summoning.
The iron sword they hold normally has a 0% chance of dropping, because their main hand's
0. However, this chance increases by 1 percentage point per level of Looting. The sword is badly damaged and never enchanted.[Java Edition only]
Vexes are hostile mobs that will naturally attack players, as well as villagers, iron golems and any other target as commanded by their summoning evoker. They are capable of flying through the air, and will pass through any block, including water, unharmed and uninhibited. When they are attacking, they glow red and lunge at their target. Like most Nether mobs, they are immune to fire, and thus are not affected by fire blocks or lava.
- See also: Chunk format
Vexes have entity data associated with them that contains the various properties of the mob. Their entity ID is
- Entity data
- Tags common to all entities see Template:Nbt inherit/entity/template
- Tags common to all mobs see Template:Nbt inherit/mob/template
- BoundX: When a vex is idle, it wanders, selecting air blocks from within a 15×11×15 cuboid range centered at X,Y,Z =
BoundZ. This central spot is the location of the evoker when it summoned the vex, or if an evoker was not involved, it is the location the vex first attempted to idly wander.
- BoundY: See
- BoundZ: See
- LifeTicks: Ticks of life remaining, decreasing by 1 per tick. When it reaches zero, the vex will take damage and
LifeTicksis set to 20.
|16w42a||Vexes have been buffed - their attack damage has been increased from 3 () to 5 () on Easy, from 4 () to 9 () on Normal, and from 6 () to 13 ( × 6.5) on Hard.|
|16w43a||Vexes can now cross Nether and End portals and move in water.|
|Vexes are now able to draw from their own loot tables.|
|1.1||alpha 18.104.22.168||Added vexes.|
|Legacy Console Edition|
|TU54||CU44||1.52||Patch 24||Patch 4||Added vexes.|