Today, 9/19, is the 6th Anniversary of Gamepedia's launch. Join us for an all-day Mega Stream on the Gamepedia Twitch channel! In addition, all users who log in during the anniversary week will receive a special achievement.
minecraft wii u edition
i was wondering since i havent played minecraft on my wii u in quite a while i wanted to ask you if there is any new items or anything else new on there if there is could you please tell me what they are--22.214.171.124 18:08, 3 July 2018 (UTC)Harlan Bowman p.s i come to you to ask questions because you are the most helpful :)
I tried adding some info, and got blocked because it was automatically determined as "Harmful"
Hey, man! So I was browsing the Wiki when I saw that the languages page needed editing. Specifically the Shakespearean English. So I added some info, and with a reference link as proof that this info is correct. Since the exact origins of Shakespear's English aren't very well known by most. However, for some reason, the wiki blocked me from adding this change. Said it automatically determined that my edit was harmful. Now, it says it's because I'm a new user ( really am ) trying to add a link. Here is what it said
"Your action has been automatically identified as harmful, and therefore disallowed. A brief description of the matched abuse rule for your action is: Global AF - New user adding link at end or in heading If you believe your edit was constructive, please post a message on the admin noticeboard or notify an admin directly."
So... Mind helping me with this? The info is pretty juicy and constructive in my opinion...
- Hi Xxshadow reperxx, thank you for letting me know! Your edit was caught in something called the abuse filter - which is a filter that prevents bad edits, such as spam, but it occasionally hits false positives as well. As for this filter in specific, I've seen it hit a lot of false positives - however, it's is a global abuse filter rule, meaning that the local admins can't do anything about it except notify global admins. The good thing is that all admins are able to access edits that were caught in the abuse filter, so I am going to take a look at the edit you tried to make add it to the article. Also, once you've made 10 edits, you shouldn't have a problem with most of the abuse filters anymore. :)-- Talk to me 12:47, 11 July 2018 (UTC)
- Oh yes, I've added that back to the page - I was going to let you know, but I got a bit busy with other stuff on MCW. No problem!-- Talk to me 13:34, 11 July 2018 (UTC)
- Thanks - I'm happy to be able to help you with this! Just be sure to let me know if you need me for anything else - whether it's showing you around the wiki or helping you with another edit that got caught in the AF. :)-- Talk to me 15:17, 11 July 2018 (UTC)
Hi there. I wanted to let you know that my 7 year old son made the edits (using my twitch account) and we've talked about being sure information is correct before changing things. Sorry for the confusion. He is very much a fan of this site and the game. Thanks!–Preceding unsigned comment was added by Voltronmom (talk • contribs) at 20:44, 11 July 2018 (UTC). Please sign your posts with ~~~~
- Understandable - thanks for letting me know! :)-- Talk to me 20:45, 11 July 2018 (UTC)
OLD Minecraft launcher will NOT update to a new minecraft launcher
I have tried updating the mine craft launcher. It didn't work. Did I do it wrong? What should i do next? --126.96.36.199 17:05, 24 July 2018 (UTC)
- Are you on Java Edition? If so, then 1.12.2 should update to 1.13 automatically. When clicking the current game version option in the launcher (the default), it should be 1.13. I apologize, I'm not an expert on this topic, particularly for other editions besides Java - you'll probably find better help on the Minecraft Forums. There's a link to the forums on the sidebar. :)-- Talk to me 21:34, 24 July 2018 (UTC)
Donkeys, Mules, and Llamas.
On the Nintendo switch version of Minecraft, you cannot put chests into mules, donkeys, or llama. I’ve looked it up, I’ve tried, I’ve killed many of them trying even. I’ve tried every button, and while crouching as well. I’m sure it’s a glitch with the game, could this be addressed next update? –Preceding unsigned comment was added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) at 01:05, 26 July 2018 (UTC). Please sign your posts with ~~~~
- That is strange - it must be a bug. Do note that I'm not a Minecraft dev or anything of that sort, so I can't really fix the problem directly. However, you can easily create an account on the Bug Tracker and report the issue there! You would report it as a Bedrock Edition bug, as the Nintendo Switch version is part of BE. Additionally, there are also the Minecraft Forums where you can discuss Minecraft-related topics. Hope this helps!-- Talk to me 01:12, 26 July 2018 (UTC)
Hey, its (formerly) twh_minecrafter, the noob constantly needing help in May. I no longer am on the wiki and am not using my profile. I guess a late goodbye, and thanks for all the help back then. Congrats on admin. ☺ –Preceding unsigned comment was added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) at 31 July 2018 (UTC). Please sign your posts with ~~~~
- I'm sorry that you're leaving - it was great having you here. Is there a specific reason why you're leaving? Of course, you don't have to tell me if you don't want to. =) Thanks for the congrats.-- Talk to me 01:33, 1 August 2018 (UTC)
CREEPER INFO NEW
I discovered that if you use a potion or tipped arrow on a creeper, when the creeper explodes, it will have the effect used on it linger like a lingering potion. this is in java edition 1.13 version.–Preceding unsigned comment was added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) at 9 August 2018 (UTC). Please sign your posts with ~~~~
- True! That was added in 1.11, it's on the Creeper page under Behavior. That must have been a fun discovery! – Sealbudsman talk | contribs 22:26, 9 August 2018 (UTC)
I found a mistake...........
|v1.0.1||Added "Red Ore Dust" (item) and red ore dust (block). Red ore dust in its item form is used to craft redstone torches.|
|v1.0.2_01||Red ore dust now won't connect through solid blocks diagonally down.|
|Art tweaks to the dust.|
|Walking on Red ore dust no longer breaks it.|
|Red ore dust now gives off particles.|
|v1.0.4||Renamed to Redstone.|
|In this version or prior, added redstone to dungeon chests.|
|v1.1.0||Redstone is now used to craft compasses.|
|v1.2.0||?||Redstone is now used to craft clocks.|
............there is no snapshot in Alpha v1.2.0. -18.104.22.168 04:07, 22 August 2018 (UTC)
- Thank you very much for reporting - I've now corrected the error. In the future, feel absolutely free to edit pages yourself to correct any errors such as this - we encourage users to be bold.-- Talk to me 13:11, 22 August 2018 (UTC)
But still some error. such creeper, furnace etc. - 22.214.171.124 09:44, 15 September 2018 (UTC)
- Feel free to be bold and correct those yourself - it would be great if you could, actually. Otherwise, I might be able to get to them when I get the chance, but I can't make any promises. :)-- Talk to me 23:54, 15 September 2018 (UTC)
|You have been given an award! This is to show appreciation for your work here.
For having created this award template. – Jack McKalling [ ] 16:36, 16 September 2018 (UTC)
- I'm not sure if this is meant as a test or an actual award, but thanks. :-)-- Talk to me 20:12, 16 September 2018 (UTC)
- It is both, haha. It is its first use after all. – Jack McKalling [ ] 21:27, 16 September 2018 (UTC)
- True, but the credit given there was incomplete – Jack McKalling [ ] 21:30, 16 September 2018 (UTC)