yeah sorry i was trying to revert it to an older version but undoing all the stuff before it was the only way i could figure out how to do it sorry–Preceding unsigned comment was added by FatKat420666 (talk • contribs) at 1:09, 09 May 2019 (UTC). Please sign your posts with ~~~~
Don't know if you noticed in the logs, the creeper article had been indef-semi protected before. Based on the rapid-fire vandalism in the brief period it was unprotected, I'm pretty confident that reprotecting for 3 months won't be enough.
- Hey Amatulic; thanks for reaching out! Yeah, I did check the logs. I'd be happy to do so in detail here. I was thinking to do a long temporary protection rather than an indefinite protection because the indef protection was years and years ago (which was the reason it was unprotected to begin with) and the only vandalism edits since the unprotection were in a very brief period of time and likely by the same person. My main thought then was just to prevent the article from vandalism immediately and place an extended protection given its past history, but consider even longer protections once some protection had already been applied. I intend to watch the page once the 3 month protection expires and apply indefinite protection if there is any vandalism, which as I said at User talk:Nixinova#Creeper protection, I find quite likely. I have no objections to any other admin changing the protection to indefinite and I would probably be okay with doing it myself, especially if Nixinova agrees.
- The creeper is very iconic and popular; there are quite a few memes across the Internet about them. I'm not surprised that the page attracts a lot of vandal attention, honestly. Cheers, --Madminecrafter12 (Talk to me | View what I've done) 19:51, 13 May 2019 (UTC)
- Also, sorry for the late reply; I've been busy and had a power outage, which resulted in the frying of our Internet, we had to by a new router... fun stuff. :)--Madminecrafter12 (Talk to me | View what I've done) 19:52, 13 May 2019 (UTC)
- I unprotected it because it didn't see much vandalism, but having the vandalism start again only a day after I unprotected it is probably a sign it should stay indef'ed. – Nixinova 20:17, 13 May 2019 (UTC)
hey, Madminecrafter12, i did Tutorials/Bell Codes and it still locked me out. how do i fix this problem?!-- the guy who said that i was making Bell codes--220.127.116.11 20:19, 8 June 2019 (UTC)
- Hey, I've replied on the admin noticeboard.--Madminecrafter12 (Talk to me | View what I've done) 02:13, 12 June 2019 (UTC)
I think I may have the Java Edition Beta 1.8 Pre-release
ummm maybe? IDK for sure. just in case tho, here you go: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1s408WRnOttzb9S4CaNgQvrQdn5r4cSHR?usp=sharing
--18.104.22.168 07:37, 19 June 2019 (UTC)
- Hey there, thanks for reaching out. Unfortunately I'm really not sure how to evaluate the link and see if it is in fact the Java Edition Beta 1.8 Pre-Release; your best bet would probably be to start a new section at Talk:Java Edition Beta 1.8 Pre-release. If you did actually find it, good job and thank you! Cheers, --Madminecrafter12 (Talk to me | View what I've done) 13:33, 21 June 2019 (UTC)
Objecting to delete request for "2x2 grid" page
Hi there I know you have done some good edits on my pages, thanks for that.
I created a new page which I think is needed but it immediately got a delete request. Please could you look at my explanations on the talk page and adjudicate? I put a lot of work into this page so I really don't want it deleted.
The page is https://minecraft.gamepedia.com/2%C3%972_grid
- Hey, User-100128569. To clarify, I did not put the deletion template on (for the record I'm not a fan of tagging pages for deletion a minute after they're created unless they're clearly don't merit an article); you did the right thing by explaining your reasoning on the talk page. Although you may know already, the deletion template has now been removed and the article cleaned up a bit by other users, so I doubt it's in danger of deletion now, and if it were there would have to be a discussion first. For the record, I personally think it's useful to have a page that conveniently lists all recipes that can be crafted in a 2x2 grid without having to scour through the Crafting page. Thank you for your contribution to the wiki, especially if you did spend several hours working on it!--Madminecrafter12 (Talk to me | View what I've done) 13:41, 21 June 2019 (UTC)
- Thank you very much - both of you. I really appreciate your help and your clear explanations in handling this. Cheers! User-100128569 (talk) 15:23, 21 June 2019 (UTC)
More autopatrol candidates
I recommend both Marinah (talk • contribs • logs • block log) and Hexalobular (talk • contribs • logs • block log) be given autopatrol status. Both have been around a while, and both appear to be constructive editors.
While Hexalobular doesn't have a lot of edits, s/he's been quite active recently cleaning up after my grammar edits to convert future-infinitive to present tense; correcting grammar errors that I didn't catch. ~ Amatulic (talk) 21:28, 3 July 2019 (UTC)
- Thank you! My intention is to help this wiki to be tidy and a cosy place to everyone, so I always make constructive edits. Besides, I'm glad to know that you're an admin on wikipedia, and both you and Madminecrafter are excellent contributors ^^ Marinah (talk) 22:58, 3 July 2019 (UTC)
- Both look fine to me, so granted. Thanks!--Madminecrafter12 (Talk to me | View what I've done) 23:05, 3 July 2019 (UTC)
I recommend Pneuma01 (talk • contribs • logs • block log) be given autopatrol status. He uploaded many different renders such as Zombie Villager, Horse and Horse armor. - Magiczocker (talk) 13:45, 16 July 2019 (UTC)
I cant add wheat block page. can you add the page?? 22.214.171.124 01:13, 19 July 2019 (UTC)
- Your page lacked content, so it was blocked. – Nixinova 01:28, 19 July 2019 (UTC)
Minecraft 1.14.5 Release Page
I believe a 1.14.5 page needs to be created. It is an extremely likely version that has been rumored within a private lounge in the official Minecraft Discord by Minecraft Discord Administrators. Here is all the known information about it
This version has been rumored in the official Minecraft discord and will likely release in early September. Many users are having major issues still playing 1.14.4, and this version will fix stability for that issue and further versions of performance for servers.
126.96.36.199 03:53, 3 August 2019 (UTC)
- First of all, us minecraft discord admins/mods know as much about future update updates as anyone else, and mojang never gives release dates, not even vague ones like that. And if it IS true, you hereby broke the NDA that you agreed to sign when you were allowed into that channel. FVbico (talk) 05:10, 3 August 2019 (UTC)
- Just verified it, you have no source, noone ever spoke of a 1.14.5 release. FVbico (talk) 07:01, 3 August 2019 (UTC)
i tryed Tutorials/Bell codes
- I explained why such a page as you wrote it doesn't really belong as a page on this wiki here.--Madminecrafter12 (Talk to me | View what I've done) 16:35, 19 August 2019 (UTC)
From new user
okay MADMINECRAFTER12 i want tips anyway. i will no longer do that but i will make hopefully usefull tips--188.8.131.52 14:47, 20 August 2019 (UTC)
Possible release date for 1.16
I read somewhere that the release for 1.16 might be sometime in 2020. Can you add such info into the Java Edition 1.16 page? 184.108.40.206 14:11, 27 December 2019 (UTC)
- Hey, where exactly did you read this and could you link to it if applicable? We can't add release info for pages unless it can be supported by a reliable source, but if such a source does exist that is likely valuable information. Thanks, --Madminecrafter12 (Talk to me | View what I've done) 15:00, 27 December 2019 (UTC)
- Of course the release date "might be sometime in 2020" (more like "almost certainly 2020") but we just don't add incredibly vague dates to articles. Nixinova T C 20:02, 27 December 2019 (UTC)