We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: End of Week.
Welcome to my talk page! Before you post, please check if I've answered your question here:
If you still have questions, or need something else, feel free to leave a message! :)
- 1 Changing username
- 2 Page translation
- 3 Random Question
- 4 Deleting my Minecraft Wiki account?
- 5 Can I use photos for a book?
- 6 Entity page
- 7 possible virus
- 8 Pvp tutorials on the topic of kit removal
- 9 Grammar Error
- 10 Regarding the IP you just blocked.
- 11 Administrator
- 12 Directors
- 13 Lithuanian page
- 14 Minecraft tooltip
- 15 About the horse
- 16 Blocked New Page
- 17 How to make another language
- 18 File:MainMenu.png
- 19 Oh, and here's my skin, for what it's worth.
- 20 Your thoughts on template formatting
Changing username[edit source]
- You will have to contact Curse to get your account renamed, as it uses a global account name through Gamepedia. Game widow has stated the best way to do this is to go to http://support.curse.com. –KnightMiner t/c 19:53, 13 September 2015 (UTC)
Page translation[edit source]
I want to create a missing page in another language, and I was wondering if google translate would be acceptable for the page translation. I know that google translate isn't very reliable, but I understand if only reliable translation systems (such as a person who can speak that language) are permitted.
--184.108.40.206 05:15, 3 November 2015 (UTC)
- Are you talking about translating a page into a non-English language? If so, I can't tell you for sure what that language wiki's policy would be in regards to Google Translate translations, but I can tell you they probably won't be allowed. If you speak the language you're wanting to translate into, you can, of course, use a Google Translate translation as a starting point, but if you don't, I would instead suggest that you leave it to someone who does (unfortunately, the only language I speak well enough to write in is English, so I can't personally provide any help with that). 「ディノ奴千？！」? · ☎ Dinoguy1000 07:45, 3 November 2015 (UTC)
Random Question[edit source]
To Dinoguy1000, Are you a brony? I saw you on the mlp wiki and got all exited because someone is on both of my two favorite wikis! --220.127.116.11 04:44, 15 November 2015 (UTC)
- Yeah, that was me (you can see a list of most of my major accounts in various places here; I usually go by "Dinoguy1000", so if you see someone by that name it's probably me). Do you have an account on Wikia, and if so, what is it? 「ディノ奴千？！」? · ☎ Dinoguy1000 07:00, 15 November 2015 (UTC)
Deleting my Minecraft Wiki account?[edit source]
Is it possible to delete my account or change my username? I no longer want to be associated with this account. –Preceding unsigned comment was added by Jackwilsdon (talk • contribs) at 02:25, 24 December 2015 (UTC). Please sign your posts with ~~~~
- It isn't possible to delete your account, but there are still some options available to you. If you don't care about keeping your past edits associated with your current account, the simplest thing to do by far would be to simply register a new account and stop using this one. If you go this route, you could remove the email address associated with the current account and scramble the password (use a service to generate a random string, or just mash your keyboard) if you want to make sure it's permanent.
- If you want to keep your edit history, you can instead request a rename from Curse staff; I think the best way to go about this would be to ask Majr for assistance (but requesting account renames in general isn't a well-documented process on Curse sites; the most I could find is this Curse Support page). 「ディノ奴千？！」? · ☎ Dinoguy1000 03:11, 24 December 2015 (UTC)
Can I use photos for a book?[edit source]
Hi Dinoguy, I am writing abook about minecraft and I was wondering if and how I could get permission to use just the crafting recipe photos for the book. Thanks Matthew –Preceding unsigned comment was added by Matthewtoy (talk • contribs) at 22:08, 30 December 2015 (UTC). Please sign your posts with ~~~~
- Mojang holds the copyright on all of the Minecraft assets, so you'll have to talk to them about using images from the game. -- Orthotopetalk 22:59, 30 December 2015 (UTC)
Entity page[edit source]
- Hello Achi11esORIGINAL, even if your edits had been saved, the page probably would have been deleted, since we already have a fairly extensive article on entities. 「ディノ奴千？！」? · ☎ Dinoguy1000 05:49, 1 January 2016 (UTC)
possible virus[edit source]
I was on your site three days ago researching strongholds and got a message that a script was not running properly the message repeated twice then I got notice from firefox that they had blocked malware. My computer is now running slow and I am going to have to have it checked, I wanted to let you know so you can check your site too. –Preceding unsigned comment was added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) at 18:51, 06 January 2016 (UTC). Please sign your posts with ~~~~
Pvp tutorials on the topic of kit removal[edit source]
That pvp tutorial page should really not have removed the kits (juggernaught exotic berserker etc.) however Pvp kits got removed from the page by one of your admins they said it was impractical cuz the kits are too hard to get on multiplayer pvp however what if a player tries real hard or decides to make a server based of of the kits then what long story short removing the kits section was a huge mistake pvp tutorials should have all kits back. Reason is that servers might want to patern off of that or a faction might too and that could help factions and servers. –Preceding unsigned comment was added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) at 05:30, 30 January 2016 (UTC). Please sign your posts with ~~~~
- This is something to discuss on the talk page of the page in question; I'm not even sure what page you're talking about. 「ディノ奴千？！」? · ☎ Dinoguy1000 06:06, 4 February 2016 (UTC)
Grammar Error[edit source]
Hi Dinoguy1000, I have found a grammar error in the main wiki page and I was wondering if you could fix it. in the paragraph 'On June 26, 2014, the Xbox 360 & PlayStation 3 editions' sales passed the number of sales for the PC edition of Minecraft, leaving the Minecraft series having sold more than 72 million copies world-wide and become the third best-selling video game of all time.' there is an error in 'become the greatest video game of all time'; I am pretty sure that 'become' is 'became'. Sorry that this was minor! --126.96.36.199 07:47, 23 February 2016 (UTC)
- It actually seems like "becoming" is correct in this case, as "became" is inconsistent with the verb case before. Though overall I think that sentence reads a bit awkwardly and might do better reworded entirely. –KnightMiner t/c 15:50, 23 February 2016 (UTC)
Regarding the IP you just blocked.[edit source]
Hello, how I can get ,,Administrator statuse"? Please tell me with arguments. –Preceding unsigned comment was added by Gustisz (talk • contribs) at 16:57, 23 December 2016 (UTC). Please sign your posts with ~~~~
- You cannot. Helpfully edit at least 9,892 more times and you may be considered. However, we currently have very good admins and I think the general consensus is that the Wiki is doing rather well with its current set of administrators. Maethoredhel (t • c • ) 18:57, 5 January 2017 (UTC)
Hello, how to get page of Lithuanian language, etc: https://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Minecraft_Wiki:Directors? –Preceding unsigned comment was added by Gustisz (talk • contribs) at 14:28, 7 January 2017 (UTC). Please sign your posts with ~~~~
- Hi Gustisz, are you asking how to add a link to the Lithuanian version of that page? It's protected so that only administrators can edit it, so you'll have to give the link to me or another administrator. If that's not what you're asking, can you try to explain better? 「ディノ奴千？！」? · ☎ Dinoguy1000 14:46, 7 January 2017 (UTC)
Lithuanian page[edit source]
Hello, I want to page of Lithuania language, etc: https://minecraft-ko.gamepedia.com/Minecraft_Wiki; https://minecraft-ru.gamepedia.com/Заглавная_страница; https://minecraft-de.gamepedia.com/Minecraft_Wiki. –Preceding unsigned comment was added by Gustisz (talk • contribs) at 13:52, 8 January 2017 (UTC). Please sign your posts with ~~~~
- Hi Gustisz, there's a project to start a Lithuanian translation at Minecraft Wiki:Projects/Lithuanian translation. If you need more information on what needs to be done before the project can move to a separate wiki, I would recommend asking game widow since they're a member of Curse. 「ディノ奴千？！」? · ☎ Dinoguy1000 15:25, 8 January 2017 (UTC)
Minecraft tooltip[edit source]
- Hi TheWoodenWizard, can you link to an example page that uses the tooltip? Thanks! 「ディノ奴千？！」? · ☎ Dinoguy1000 23:09, 3 February 2017 (UTC)
About the horse[edit source]
I would like to suggest that add some information on the horse -- riding section
there was some original information like :Horses cannot fit through a 1-block-wide gap. And actually when I riding a horse and cross a minecart, I found the horse was suddenly sit in it, and it start to move alone the railway. Due to at some place the railway was only 1 block wide (which means that on both side of the railway have the solid block like stone or dirt). the horse start to loose health, even when I get off by press the shift, the cart still running and after a short time, the horse died ( I believe that it was due to take suffocation damage) So I would like to suggest that add information after above one, that if in any case that the horse was put in a 1-block-wide gap, it will take suffocation damage and may die. And better to add something more: notice, do not let horse drive the minecart when your railway only have 1-block-wide. –Preceding unsigned comment was added by Lijunduke (talk • contribs) at 03:46, 25 May 2017 (UTC). Please sign your posts with ~~~~
- Hi Lijunduke, please make your suggestions on Talk:Horse instead; I'm not familiar enough with the article (or with horses) to really be able to comment on your suggestion. 「ディノ奴千？！」? · ☎ Dinoguy1000 05:11, 25 May 2017 (UTC)
Blocked New Page[edit source]
I was making a page which people could see other's thoughts on what could be coming for Minecraft, and a filter blocked me! Why, exactly, Mr. Dinoguy1000?
AlphaToothless1 –Preceding undated comment was added at 19:12, 02 June 2017 (UTC). Please sign your posts with ~~~~
- The wiki exists to document Minecraft as it is; it isn't a forum for discussing future changes. We also don't allow pages based on speculation, per the rules. –Preceding unsigned comment was added by Orthotope (talk • contribs) at 19:34, 2 June 2017 (UTC). Please sign your posts with ~~~~
How to make another language[edit source]
Hello Dinoguy. My name is Plantsvszombieslover and I want some help. I can talk Swedish as well as English. Can I myself make a minecraft-se.gamepedia.com website???? When I try to search on it, it instantly redirects me to Gamepedia's official website. Can you help me??
Thank You for the Help
- You mean you want a new language wiki for Swedish? See MCW:Projects/Swedish translation... though the project seems inactive and has a lot of old outdated pages (see Translation cleanup on the community talk). --Hubry (talk) 17:32, 28 July 2017 (UTC)
- It appears Nixinova: was able to upload a new version. Since I'd like to keep from spamming the file history with additional useless revisions, can you hold off on testing it again until there's another update? 「ディノ奴千？！」? · ☎ Dinoguy1000 04:15, 6 August 2017 (UTC)
Oh, and here's my skin, for what it's worth.[edit source]
- Yep, it hasn't worked in years; I've just never bothered to try to figure out what the correct link would be (if there's even any way to view player skins via one of the official websites any more, that is). If you can and would like to, please feel free to fix it yourself, though. =) 「ディノ奴千？！」? · ☎ Dinoguy1000 14:05, 11 September 2017 (UTC)
- Skin#Creating a skin has the up to date link, http://skins.minecraft.net/MinecraftSkins/Dinoguy1000.png should be it. –KnightMiner t/c 15:21, 11 September 2017 (UTC)
Your thoughts on template formatting[edit source]
I often find it difficult to understand templates without a lot of study. As a programmer, I learned to format and comment my code for ease of maintenance. However, this seems not to be common practice on wikis. Is there a technical reason for this, perhaps because the larger size of such a template consumes more resources? Here is a sample of what I'd like to do when I maintain a template, time permitting: User:Auldrick/Sandbox/Exclusive. I'd like to get Majr's thoughts as well, if he's not too busy. --– Auldrick (talk · contribs) 16:21, 4 October 2017 (UTC)
- I suspect the biggest reason(s) for it is simply that templates are relatively accessible for people with no other programming experience, so they don't have good code formatting habits ingrained yet; possibly combined with a misconception that whitespace doesn't get along well with template code (and of course, monkey-see-monkey-do shouldn't be underestimated either - if all the examples you look at don't space the code out, you're not likely to space the code out yourself).
- Your example may have problems with extra whitespace being inserted when transcluded; the rules for when a newline is inserted in template output, depending on what that line contains, are fairly obscure and shouldn't be relied on. Over the years I've developed a preferred method of spacing template code myself; an example can be seen with Template:Card table set on the Yu-Gi-Oh! wiki (a much, much larger (and probably not perfectly consistent) example is Template:CardTable2 on the same wiki). While I'm not suggesting you have to follow this format yourself, there may be elements to it that you might want to steal.
- Also, sorry about not following up on the message I left on your talk page yet; I went to bed immediately after that and then completely forgot about it... =X
- 「ディノ奴千？！」? · ☎ Dinoguy1000 16:45, 4 October 2017 (UTC)
- You're right, my template was spamming newlines before and after the msgbox. I never even noticed while I was testing it. Guess I'll have to adopt that comment-out-the-newlines style you use. Thanks for the feedback! –Preceding unsigned comment was added by Auldrick (talk • contribs) at 17:09, 4 October 2017 (UTC). Please sign your posts with ~~~~