Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
- 1 director right
- 2 Hey
- 3 Concerning the interWiki Director discussion and Position Change in Chinese Wiki Directors
- 4 Hi, it seems that the case of my name is causing some issues.
- 5 About Curse's extensions' translation and some other things
- 6 Hey!
- 7 I need Help
- 8 Wiki points
- 9 Categories in your subpages
- I am going to ask Wynthyst to take care of this as soon as she's available. Btarsa (talk) 16:02, 20 September 2013 (UTC)
Ah, Benjamin Tarsa!
I remember you from that e-mail...
Nice to see you here ^^
- Howdy! Thanks for taking the time to leave a little note for me :-) CRSBenjamin - (talk) 18:39, 2 December 2013 (UTC)
Concerning the interWiki Director discussion and Position Change in Chinese Wiki Directors
Hi, I'm the Admin and was one of the two Bureaucrats of Chinese Minecraft Wiki.
I changed to past tense there because I took off the other Bureaucrat Edenapple 's position recently. I am effectively the sole Bureaucrat of Chinese Minecraft Wiki now.
This position change wasn't carried out with the consent of Edenapple, because he was literally absent for the past 2 years.
Since this isn't anything small enough to be neglected, I would at least notify the people to make changes and inform every director out there. And then I remembered the Directors' talk page was locked.
It was indeed strange. I failed to find any other page for the interWiki director discussion to be performed. That's why I'm here.
To wrap it all up:
- I removed Edenapple from Chinese Wiki Directors team, for he was absent and didn't contribute anyways. Please remove him from the Director's Page.
- Is there anywhere else for the directors to have a discussion now after the previous page being locked?
- I'm truly sorry to hear about Wynthyst, she was a really nice person.
Thank you for your consideration.
- Hello! Thanks for the info. Looks like someone edited the Directors page already. I'm honestly not sure why Wynthyst ( :-( ) locked that page, and I am just started to learn more about how MCW is ran (since she used to look after it for the most part). Your best bet may be to contact someone like Quatroking to get info on where people are having those discussions now and to see if maybe the directors page should be unlocked. CrsBenjamin - (talk) 14:54, 23 June 2014 (UTC)
- For the most part, it seems the discussions aren't really being had; I'm guessing each language wiki is mostly keeping to itself in that regard. And in theory, while the Director's talk page is locked, the admins and bureaucrats from each wiki should have Director rights here, which allow them to edit it regardless; in practice, though, I have no idea how well that's been kept up, especially since local admins aren't able to assign or revoke the usergroup. Personally, though, I've never agreed with the protection myself. 「ディノ奴千？！」? · ☎ Dinoguy1000 14:59, 23 June 2014 (UTC)
Hi, it seems that the case of my name is causing some issues.
Hi CrsBenjamin, it's been a long time since I logged out of my account. As I just did today, and when I attempted a login after that, my name "Craft_Lawrence" is being shown as "Craft lawrence", as it turns out, they are treated as different accounts, and I cannot access the former one with SysOP and Bureaucrat functionalities. It's a weird quirk I haven't encountered before, please do let me know if you have any way to resolve this, thank you.
- I fixed this at the database level. Please clear your cookies for minecraft-zh.gamepedia.com and log back in. Azxiana (talk) 19:57, 9 February 2016 (UTC)
About Curse's extensions' translation and some other things
Hello, I am an administrator from Chinese Minecraft Wiki. I know it's been a while since Curse installed its extension to implement global account. But extensions themselves don't have Chinese translation, even till now. So I hope you can help me contact developers to ask for the source interface files so that I can translate its interface.
By the way, although it's, too, been a while since it happened, my account name, formerly Hzy980512, became Hzy98051210 in Chinese Mc. Wiki, and I didn't know that and registered a new account. Now the Hzy98051210 can't be moved to Hzy980512 and Hzy980512 is not in sysop group. I can only use Hzy98051210 now. It's okay but I hope you can do sth. about it. If it seems too troublesome, I'm okay with it.
- Hello. I will inquire to our development team to see if we can crowdsource to translate the hooks for the profile and achievement extensions. Regarding your account, we can probably merge them back together. To confirm, you would want to merge Hzy98051210 and have Hzy980512 as your main account, correct? CrsBenjamin - (talk) 18:42, 13 February 2016 (UTC)
So, now I guess we talk about the Minecraft-Modpedia Wiki here. :) –Preceding unsigned comment was added by TheCentralSource (talk • contribs) at 20:57, 19 April 2016 (UTC). Please sign your posts with ~~~~
- Sure, can you tell me more about your idea and how you'd want to get started? CrsBenjamin - (talk) 21:01, 19 April 2016 (UTC)
- The wiki, as you guessed before the wiki would be a wiki about Minecraft Mods, I would tell my friends at the CMCI Wiki and tell the admins of this wiki and ask about a possible partnership. It's infoboxes would probably be item, mob and, of course, mod. The items and mobs would not have separate pages, they would be in sections in the mod articles. The mod articles would also have sections about mechanics and version history.--TheCentralSource (talk) 23:42, 20 April 2016 (UTC)
- I also made a logo, but it's not letting me upload it.--TheCentralSource (talk) 00:37, 21 April 2016 (UTC)
I need Help
I am trying to convert Minecraft Wiki:Projects/Structure Blueprints/Stronghold/Jail Cell to Template:Layered blueprint, But it Will not let me TTM555 (talk) 21:48, 3 August 2016 (UTC)
- Hey there. Let me see if I can get Majr to take a look! That's a little beyond my level template-wise. CrsBenjamin - (talk) 21:52, 3 August 2016 (UTC)
- Sorry about the inconvenience. The filters are meant to block vandalism and deletion of sections of pages by new users, but sometimes (as in this case) they prevent good edits. Once you've made a few more edits on the wiki, the filters won't apply to you anymore. -- Orthotopetalk 01:05, 4 August 2016 (UTC)
On user profiles, the local and global ranks are shown. Can it also show the monthly rank?14:49, 10 May 2017 (UTC)
- I can look into it as a wishlist item, but its probably not something we can easily add right at this moment. CrsBenjamin - (talk) 14:55, 10 May 2017 (UTC)
Categories in your subpages
User:CrsBenjamin/Style Guide/Features and User:CrsBenjamin/Video policy both contain Category:Policies, even though they seen to be just userspace drafts of already existing policies. Would you be OK when me commenting the category out? If you need to have the category for a specific reason, of course that's fine.--Talk to me 16:09, 7 July 2018 (UTC)