Join us on Discord!
|The following rules are in effect for this talk page, effective immediately.
1. Any posts which contain offensive language, personal information, harassment, insults or bullying will be removed without warning.
2. Any posts regarding bug tracker titles or deleting comments will be removed without warning.
3. Any posts that consist of spam or advertising will be removed without warning.
4. Any posts saying that Herobrine is real will be removed without warning.
5. All posts on this talk page will be heavily monitored.
6. This talk page will be archived yearly.
Regarding the Bedrock Edition page
First of all, sorry for the exclamation point on my recent edit-revert... I didn't mean to sound like I was shouting or anything. Sorry if it was interpreted that way.
Apple TV shouldn't be listed under "Upcoming" because it is already has "Bedrock". It doesn't have 1.2, but it does have Bedrock. The Bedrock name was already being used for the codebase during 1.1 development, and Bedrock is supposed to be a retroactively-applied name just like Legacy Console Edition & Java Edition. So 1.1 is Bedrock, 0.16 is Bedrock, even 0.1.0 is technically Bedrock, even though it wasn't called that at the time. Putting Apple TV under "Upcoming" doesn't make sense to me... it implies that Apple TV is not running Bedrock, and that Bedrock is a "new" edition that just got released or something, which isn't the case.
HelenAngel said the following here: https://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Minecraft_Wiki_talk:Projects/Renaming#Project.27s_next_step
"Also, for everything but Xbox (& Switch later), there wasn't a relaunch- the edition names just got dropped."
So I think it's safe to say that Apple TV is running Bedrock Edition. Yes, it doesn't say "Bedrock Edition" in the game, but neither do any of the other versions of Bedrock Edition. Bedrock Edition isn't really an official title anyway... it's just a convenient term based off of the name of the codebase. The actual title is simply "Minecraft", but for the sake of treating codebases equally and not being too confusing, the term Bedrock Edition is being used on the wiki. And just like how all Console Edition versions are now called Legacy Console Edition versions, the same applies here. Do you agree?
Also, I understand wanting to make the platform list simpler, and that was probably a good move.
There is a bit of a problem, though, in that Windows 10 Mobile is no longer being listed separately from Windows 10. The reason I did the more verbose list in the first place was because Windows 10 Mobile uses the same icon as Windows 10 and it was confusing to have 2 identical icons shown next to each other. I guess an icon could be made that uses the Windows 10 logo but with the word "Mobile" in Segoe font beside it... that's probably what I'll do. SuperGeniusZeb (talk) 02:18, 4 October 2017 (UTC)
- You never made an edit on that page, according to your contributions. -BDJP (t|c) 17:08, 29 January 2018 (UTC)
- My IP address keeps changing, for some reason. I'm talking about the latest edit you made to that page, in which you undid my attempt to fix that broken file link. Why did you do that? 18.104.22.168 17:23, 29 January 2018 (UTC)
Java edition its my favorite edition
Sorry Java Edition Forever is the main version of Minecraft. Minecraft continues to send to instagram and continues using Java Edition, All Minecraft products still using Java Edition and the LEGO Minecraft still using Java Edition. that's it. revert now place thank button–Preceding unsigned comment was added by Angelwanderley (talk • contribs) at 0:28, 27 May 2018 (UTC). Please sign your posts with ~~~~