Drowned 1.14 tridents
Regarding your edit to caves
To be clear, I have no idea how this works or if I'm even remotely doing this right. Feel free to blame me for being an idiot. It happens on the internet, I've gotten used to it. Also to be clear, when I changed the caves page on the 8th of July, it was because it was in such massive disrepair, no disrespect. It was worded poorly and informally. I rarely contribute to things like this, but it bothered me so much, I just had to fix it to the best of my ability. After I had done that, you went on to edit it once again, and you corrected some mistakes that I had missed when I went through it. Without fact checking, I think that the revision that I edited was primarily your product, although I could be wrong. I don't know. I just wanted to let you know that I agree with you on your most recent edit. –Preceding unsigned comment was added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) at 9:24, 10 July 2019 (UTC). Please sign your posts with ~~~~
- I thought your edits were fine, and no it wasn't primarily my product, I just happened to make an edit to that article before you did. ~ Amatulic (talk) 13:44, 10 July 2019 (UTC)
Just wondering (because you created this and added most of the content), is there a specific reason why you would need to hunt for turtle eggs that have already been laid? Why couldn't you just breed any turtles you find and use those turtle eggs? At least that's what I did for my turtle farm in the current version. --Madminecrafter12 (Talk to me | View what I've done) 12:58, 23 October 2019 (UTC)
- @Madminecrafter12: The first time I set out to build a turtle farm, I found eggs before I found any turtles. In fact I was having trouble finding turtles, so at the time I figured it was easier to look for eggs on land (or mating turtles) than trying to find turtles in the water. That's probably why the tutorial seems biased toward hunting eggs.
- I clarified the section on obtaining eggs to give more equal emphasis to hunting versus breeding. ~ Amatulic (talk) 14:07, 23 October 2019 (UTC)
Hello, I'm not sure your latest edit there was useful. That user evaded blocks and filters to keep on pushing their (questionable) point of view on the Splash article proper, which I believe is enough to consider their continued involvement unwanted. I understand you were acting in good faith, so this is not a warning or a moderative notice of any kind. Just sharing my thoughts on this. If you believe I or other admins should have done something differently, please let me or another admin know.
Discord is the platform that hosts the "server" used by editors for real-time text chat coordination. The wiki page about the server is linked from the sidebar. --AttemptToCallNil (report bug, view backtrace) 01:34, 20 September 2020 (UTC)
- Thanks. I hadn't noticed that link. The meaning behind my comment on Talk:Splash was that one shouldn't assume things about others, and I used myself as an example of the anon's faulty assumptions. ~ Amatulic (talk) 03:17, 20 September 2020 (UTC)
Question about twisting vines
Hey User:Amatulic I noticed that you reverted my edit on Twisting Vines. I have some proof that twisting vines were meant to stop fall damage. Here is a video that shows this and an article to from the minecraft bugs that talks about that twisting vines are supposed to stop fall damage. Here is the pic:
Here is the video at this link. https://www.reddit.com/r/Minecraft/comments/hawh11/you_can_place_twisting_vines_under_you_to_negate/ Talk to me back and if you approve I will re-add my edit. --Brenty333 (talk) 18:47, 10 December 2020 (UTC)
- Hi @Brenty333: I don't doubt the fact you were trying to convey. I reverted your edit primarily because mainspace articles are not tutorials, and the purpose of your edit seemed to be giving playing advice as if the article was a tutorial. Also, mainspace articles have a more formal tone than tutorials, so we avoid the pronoun "you" in articles.
- Looking at the version of the article when you made that edit, I just now noticed that your edit wasn't necessary, because under the Twisting Vines#Usage section, the article already said what you wrote: "Twisting vines can also be used similarly to a water bucket, as it can prevent fall damage." So there isn't any need to add your text back in; it's basically already there. Amatulic (talk) 05:13, 11 December 2020 (UTC)
About the annoyance from 116.882.69
I have seen you have to constantly revert edits from this ip ever since September. Have you ever considered reporting them on the Admin Noticeboard, or warning them on their talk page. It must be hard having to constantly having to undo their poorly attempted edits such as their comparisons with random mobs and their tutorial-like edits all the time. This person has not learned even after i told them on their talk page so i am thinking a block (most likely Permanent) would be necessary. What are your thoughts? James Haydon (talk) 04:34, 14 December 2020 (UTC)
- @NineTreyBlud: As I said on the IP's talk page, the fact that some edits are actually pretty good keeps me from requesting a block.
- I feel that a temporary block to get his attention and get him to start communicating would be helpful.
- I think the IP can be a good editor, he clearly isn't a vandal, he is acting in good faith. He just needs to listen to guidance and lose the fanboy perspective when editing and pay more attention to grammar and spelling.
- The address is from Singapore, and having been there numerous times myself (including for my own wedding), I know everyone there is pretty fluent in English although they do have their own peculiar way of using English. Amatulic (talk) 16:07, 14 December 2020 (UTC)
- Okay but them not responding to anything on their talk page and that they never summarize their edits will make it worse of them long term. I recommend they give a reason for this or stop. They could speak English very well as you mentioned so i don't get why they have not yet said anything. James Haydon (talk) 16:12, 14 December 2020 (UTC)
Regarding your undoing my edit to spawner
Opaque blocks block light, spawners don't, thus not blocking light is not a propertry of opaque blocks yet spawners have it, therefore my edit was not a contradiction. – Unsigned comment added by Cool amp (talk • contribs) at 13:42, 18 December 2020 (UTC). Sign comments with ~~~~
- Hi @Cool amp: I didn't object to your addition of the fact that spawners don't block light, I objected to the fact that the sentence you wrote would sound like a contradiction to any casual reader unfamiliar with the Minecraft definition of opacity. I was hasty in reverting you instead of rewriting the sentence, and I apologize for that. I have attempted to reword it so it makes more sense. Amatulic (talk) 00:07, 19 December 2020 (UTC)
Boss Fight Music
I recently saw that you removed links to the boss fight music on all the mini-boss and boss pages for minecraft dungeons. I'm assuming this is because of copyright issues. If that is the case, maybe we can shorten these tacks to 30 seconds and upload them as sounds to the wiki instead. James Haydon (talk) 23:42, 21 December 2020 (UTC)
- Yes, we should not link to copyright violations on youtube. And a youtube link is especially inappropriate in the lead paragraph of any article. The purpose of those links smelled like clickbait to me, a means to attract views to someone's personal channel. I have no objection to short sound clips uploaded to this wiki and embedded in the article. Amatulic (talk) 01:57, 22 December 2020 (UTC)