User:Mental Mouse42/Crucible Recipes
The recipes available for the crucible are as follows:
- Metal transmutation - 1 Metallium, and (except iron) 1 of another aspect, + metal nugget.
- Essentia can be used to multiply nuggets of various metals, including several which are not found in basic Thaumcraft, but may be provided by other mods. (You will only see the recipes for the metals present in your game.) Iron requires only Metallum, while other metals require additional aspects: Lucrum for gold or silver, Praecantio for copper, Vitreus for tin, and Ordo for lead. In all cases, one point of each aspect is needed for each nugget to be duplicated. This can be used to directly scavenge material from iron, gold, or chain armor, swords, or tools, but this will leave extra aspects in the cauldron, especially if the items were enchanted. This extra essentia will eventually become flux as it breaks down. It is safer to use an Arcane Furnace to break the items down to essentia, and then use phials of the essentia for the recipes, 1 phial of each type for 8 nuggets. For iron, the essentia used is the same as found in the nuggets themselves, so simply tossing in a pair of nuggets will get the pair back -- one used as essentia, the other duplicated.
- Gunpowder - 4 Ignis, 4 Perditio + gunpowder.
- Gunpowder can also be produced similarly to metal. Normally this will be done with essentia, 1 phial of each type for each 2 gunpowder to be duplicated. As with iron, tossing in a pair of gunpowder will get the same back.
- Thaumium - 4 Praecantio + iron ingot.
- The first of the overtly magical products, thaumium is a versatile and useful metal which can be used for tools, swords and armor. The resulting items alike rival diamond for durability, and approach it for effectiveness. The tools and swords can also be Infusion-crafted into various special items with unique abilities. Normally this recipe will be done with phials of Praecantio, 1 phial for each 2 ingots of iron.
- Magical Tallow - 2 Praecantio + rotten flesh
- Like thaumium, this will normally be produced with phials of Praecantio, 1 phial for 4 pieces of flesh. The tallow can be crafted into magical candles, which help reduce instability in Infusion.
- Nitor - 3 Ignis, 3 Potentia, 3 Vis + glowstone dust.
- This eternal flame can provide both light and heat, with no risk of being set afire. It is notably useful for heating the crucible itself, as Nitor is unaffected by flowing water. The essentia amounts are awkward, but this recipe can be done by tossing in 3 (char)coal and 6 torches for each 2 glowstone dust to be converted.
- Alumentum - 3 Ignis, 3 Potentia, 3 Perditio + 1 coal or charcoal
- This mystical fuel will make furnaces and Arcane furnaces run much faster. The recipe can be done with 3 phials of Perditio and 20 lumps of coal or charcoal -- 12 of them will go for essentia, the other 8 will be transformed. An alternate recipe would be 3 phials of Potentia and 6 pieces of gunpowder, followed up with 8 pieces of coal. Naturally, 3 phials of each essentia type will also convert 8 pieces of coal.
- Golems - 4/8 Humanus, 4/8 Motus, 4/8 Spiritus
- The basic golem bodies will be produced in a crucible, by throwing in a block of their respective materials. Straw (hay), Wood, Stone (stone brick), and Iron cost 4 essentia of each type, while Tallow, Clay (bricks), Flesh, and Thaumium cost twice that.
- Golem cores
- Most of the golem cores are produced by using a crucible to transform a Blank Golem Core. (Some of these are also the base for an Infusion to produce another core.) By type:
- Gather - 5 Lucrum, 5 Terra.
- Fill - 5 Fames, 5 Vacuuos.
- Empty - 5 Lucrum, 5 Vacuuos. Base for Use
- Harvest - 5 Messis, 5 Meto. Base for Chop
- Guard - 5 Telum, 5 Vinculum.
- Decanting - 5 Aqua, 5 Vacuuos. Base for Alchemy