|Joined Minecraft Wiki||
November 19, 2017
English and a tiny bit of German
Hello, to whoever's reading this! I am Madminecrafter12 - an administrator and an active editor on the English Minecraft Wiki. I am also probably the biggest target of hate from vandals on the wiki. If you have any questions for me, feel like I handled something incorrectly, or want to tell me about something, please head on over to my talk page. You can also leave me a comment on my profile or if it's something private, send me an email.
A bit about me
I started playing Minecraft in mid-2015 or so. I'm pretty sure it was during 1.8.8, but it could have easily been 1.8.7 or 1.8.9. At some point, I took a very long break from Minecraft, and at another point I started playing it again. I started editing this wiki as an IP in September of 2017. I registered this account in November 2017 and have been active ever since. As I explored further into the Minecraft Wiki and its editors, I became more interested in it and less interested in Minecraft. I was given administrator status by Majr on May 26, 2018, after a discussion on the community portal that can be found here.
On the Minecraft Wiki, I usually revert vandalism, fix things, do random Wiki gnome stuff, and update articles after new snapshots/releases are released. I frequently participate with community discussions. I also perform some random administrator-related stuff, such as blocking users, protecting pages, patrolling Category:Pending deletion, and editing fully protected pages and the MediaWiki interface. A full list of the articles I've created in the main namespace can be found here. I try to look at every edit in recent changes, but sometimes, particularly on days where the wiki is very active, I skip over some, so if you have an admin-related request that needs to be done, feel free to ping me.
I have a bot named User:Madbot121 which runs using AWB, so if you have a repetitive task that you don't feel like doing yourself, or you don't want to clog up recent changes with it, it might be able to do it for you.
Where you can find me
For other Gamepedia Wikis, I can be found on the completely abandoned RCTW wiki, where I'm a wiki guardian. I admittedly don't spend as much time over there as much anymore, due to more of my free time being spent editing here. I will sometimes edit the Terraria Wiki or the Help Wiki as well. Outside of Gamepedia, I can usually be found on the Lost Minecraft Miners Wiki, where I'm an administrator, and I don't edit as much there anymore either. I'm also on Wikipedia, where I'm a pending changes reviewer and a rollbacker. My username is SkyGazer 512 on Wikipedia, and is Madminecrafter12 everywhere else. Aside from wikis, I can be found on the Bug Tracker.
I'm quite amazed by how people mischaracterize vandalism and spam. So, here's a bit of a weird chart thingy, sort of like a Single-access key, to determine what type of "bad" edit an edit is.
- 1a. Do you agree with the edit? If so, it's a good edit, yay, keep it there.
- 1b. Do you disagree with the edit? If so, go to 2.
- 2a. Is the edit clearly, blatantly, indisputably unconstructive to the Minecraft Wiki? If so, go to 3.
- 2b. Otherwise: it is not a disruptive edit.
- 3a. Is the only purpose of the edit to advertise something with clearly absolutely no intention of trying to help the Minecraft Wiki in anyway at all? If so, the edit is spam.
- 3b. Otherwise, go to 4.
- 4a. Was the user who made the edit clearly deliberately, maliciously trying to harm the Minecraft Wiki? If so, the edit is vandalism and can be reverted without any kind of edit summary.
- 4b. Otherwise: it is a disruptive edit. Reverters should assume good faith and revert with a kindly worded edit summary; however, if the user repeatedly makes disruptive edits despite warnings, it will still likely lead to a block.