|Joined Minecraft Wiki||
October 9, 2017
|“||It is just as difficult to convince people of the truth if they don't believe it, as it is to convince them that their beliefs aren't true||„|
|— Jack McKalling|
Welcome and introduction
Hi there, just call me Jack. Although I use this full name and avatar everywhere on the net, it isn't actually my birth name. I'm not going to share that personal information. In fact, I believe everyone should have a (real-looking) alias while surfing, not only because it's cool, but because the medium isn't as personal as being face to face. Privacy is more important than your real life name. What is important, is that the name you use to identify yourself, is in fact your real name.
For a few years now I've been playing Minecraft, and I like to reflect doing that technical stuff in the game as well. Inventing, automating, figuring out, researching, and perfecting what I have already is what I love to do. In terms of play style, I guess I'm a solo player. But I've worked in teams too, such as moderating on the Chroma Hills server.
Some of my proud minecraft inventions:
- Redstone Inc.TM (imaginary company label)
- Moo MachineTM (breed & forget cooked steak machine)
- JANETTM ("Jack's Nether Transport")
- Fully Automated Sugarcane Machine
Every now and then I'd also like to play with words and phrases. Some of my favourites:
- Automation, Machines, Factory, Iron Golem Farm, The Mines, Extreme Hills, Jack-of-all-trades (it's my name!)
- "Am I correct to assume (...)?"
- "Words come in all sizes. But even if they suit you well, it doesn't mean they are said at the right moment"
Previous IP addresses
I have used the following IP addresses to edit pages before I registered an account, but I have a different address now:
Here are some links in general:
- PRO subscription for seeing how much subscription you have left on gamepedia
- Setting up a server for enabling playing family worlds remotely
- Help:Contents for help with editing
- Style guide for help with editing on this wiki in particular
- Wiki rules for the rules on editing on this wiki
- Projects for joining and participating with editing projects on this wiki
- Patrollers explains what patrollers are and can do
- Patrollers list for a list of users who are trusted with the patrol rights
- Patroller requests for the coordination of patrolling edits
- Request template for the documentation of how to use a request on the above page
- Recent changes for others' contributions as they happen
- for a list of all templates on this wiki
- for a list of all categories on this wiki
- Quick reference for all content and meta pages about minecraft