Greetings, I am AttemptToCallNil (can be abbreviated to "ATCN" or "Attempt", writing it as "Nil" is discouraged – but who am I to tell others how to call me?). I am an administrator on this wiki, as well as an administrator and a bureaucrat on the Russian wiki.
I had a bot coded first in Java, then attempted to be re-coded in Rust, but this is a substantial and long-term project...
I have been editing wikis since late 2012, when I made lots of anonymous edits on the Russian wiki. I registered there in October, and became an administrator there in March next year. I was previously known as "GreenStone", then as "User GreenStone" because I had to urgently make up a new name while under offline stress. Unfortunately, in late 2013 and early 2014 most or all other Russian wiki admins became completely inactive and silent, which was followed by a massive real-life crisis (with long-term, probably permanent negative consequences on me).
A 1920x1080 monitor, a six-core Ryzen CPU, a Radeon graphics card, 16 GB RAM, and Windows 7. I won't switch to Windows 10 if 7 becomes unusable. I will try a Linux distro if such a thing will still exist.
Accounts on other services
I chose this username when I had to debug a lot of complex Lua code in my LuaJ-based MediaWiki API client (now defunct) back when I didn't know LuaJ has debug globals, and you don't get backtraces with standard globals.
If an account is not listed here, it may or may not be mine, and I may decline to answer any questions regarding such accounts.
- Gamepedia Slack: AttemptToCallNil
- Discord: AttemptToCallNil#1652 (a certain someone has created impostor accounts with the same username and avatar, but with a different ID)
- Wikimedia projects: AttemptToCallNil (includes English Wikipedia, MediaWiki.org; autopatrolled on MediaWiki.org, autopatrolled and rollbacker on Russian Wikipedia, almost inactive there)
- GitHub: AttemptToCallNil
- Gitlab: AttemptToCallNil
- translatewiki.net: AttemptToCallNil
- Crowdin: AttemptToCallNil
- Social networks: Not there, hopefully never will be, and if I will be, you will never know.
For Minecraft, I play Java Edition with mods. Not very frequently.
I like RPGs (the games, not the weapons), sometimes play first-person shooters. That includes titles like Sacred, Neverwinter Nights, Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Mass Effect, Dungeon Siege, Call of Duty, and some others.
I never play multiplayer games.