From Minecraft Wiki
| This article is a stub.|
Please help us by expanding it.
The official name for the update, the Update Aquatic, was revealed on November 18, 2017, during the MineCon Earth livestream.
Notable features[edit | edit source]
Additions[edit | edit source]
- Coral, new decorative block, clusters of which generate in warm ocean biomes as coral reefs. At least four color variations were shown: white, dark purple, magenta and yellow. Stairs and slabs are also presented.
- Kelp, new underwater plant. Many types of it were shown: some are small, reddish and yellowish bushes, some are green and can stretch up for dozens of blocks, even reaching surface level - this variation also has an animation of "leaves moving with current".
- Trident, a new weapon. It can be used in melee combat or can be thrown at the enemy. It can have unique enchantments, but they will work only if underwater or exposed to rain.
- "The Monster of the Night Skies," a new hostile flying mob "spawning at high altitudes. It is attracted to insomnia, and will find players who haven't slept for many days. It will swoop down in groups and bite your flesh."
- Dolphin, new water mob spawning in oceans. They will help players with underwater structure searching. They can also leap out of and back in water.
- Fish, is now a mob as well as an item. Cod, salmon, puffer fish, clownfish and many more species of tropical fish will be added. If a player right-clicks a fish with a bucket, and then releases the fish, the fish will no longer despawn, allowing to create aquariums at home without having to use name tags.
- Shipwrecks, new structures that generate on the ocean bed and contain treasures.
- Icebergs, new structures consisting of packed ice and snow, that generate on the surface of frozen ocean biomes.
Changes[edit | edit source]
- Bubble columns, caused by naturally generated magma blocks on the ocean floor. They rise up to the surface, and will shake any boats that pass them, and eventually sink them.
- Water will be able to flow through semi-solid blocks
- Dropped items in water will now float towards the surface
References[edit | edit source]
- “The update Aquatic will come to both Java and bedrock at the same time.” – @MiaLem_n, November 19, 2017
- The Update Aquatic Is Coming To Minecraft Spring 2018!
- MINECON Earth 2017 Livestream November 18, 2017
- "Everything Announced at MINECON Earth!" – Minecraft.net, November 18, 2017