This page is about planned versions of all editions of Minecraft. These updates either have major sources to their existence or have received development versions.
Note that only editions with known planned updates are listed here - if no known planned updates exist the edition is left out.
1.13 is an upcoming major update planned to be released in Q2 2018. This version will be the implementation of the Update Aquatic, which will focus on water and ocean-related content, bug fixes, technical features, and optimisation.
The Texture Update is an upcoming major change to textures in Minecraft. It will change most textures in Minecraft except for iconic textures such as the Creeper. Old textures will be a separate download when the new default pack officially releases. The new unfinished texture is now available as a resource pack through this link.
Nintendo Switch release
The Nintendo Switch release of the Bedrock Edition was delayed past the release of the Better Together Update to 2018. This will coincide with the discontinuation of the Nintendo Switch Edition of the Legacy Console Edition.
The 4K Update is an upcoming update for Bedrock Edition set to be released in 2018. It will add a 4K HDR graphics option. The Super Duper Graphics Pack will be added to the marketplace at the same time.
The Update Aquatic is an upcoming update for Bedrock Edition. It is set to be released in Q2 2018 for both Java Edition and Bedrock Edition.
The Texture Update is an upcoming major change to textures in Minecraft. It will change most textures in both Java and Bedrock except for iconic textures such as the Creeper. Old textures will be a separate download when the new default pack officially releases.
- "Java Edition Technically Updated" – Minecraft.net, 24 January 2018
- “It'll probably be in 1.13 at this point, I'm afraid :( It'll be a more bugfixy and technical update, so it will get more love then.” – @Dinnerbone, April 24, 2017
- “Exciting stuff! We'll have more information about all of Jens ' announcements of http://Minecraft.net soon! #MINECON” – @Minecraft, November 18, 2017
- MINECON Earth 2017 Livestream, November 18, 2017
- “WHAT IS JAPPA DOING TO MY MINECRAFT? Changing the textures! Except for a few, like the Creeper. Across all versions? YEP, both on Java and Bedrock. You cannot escape my sweet, sweet textures. When? Soon! In the Beta Resource Pack, where all my beloved pixels live.” – @JasperBoerstra, November 10, 2017
- "Try the new Minecraft Java Textures" – Minecraft.net, 14 December 2017
- "Everything Announced at MINECON Earth!" – Minecraft.net, November 18, 2017
- “1.3 will have a full server thread like Java rather than Plutonium mode, Plutonium mode was a giant hack but it showed that it the server shouldn't be blocking rendering :)” – u/mojang_tommo, September 23, 2017
- “I've been working on making Plutonium Mode not experimental, 1.3 should have it on everywhere. And be a bit faster!” – @_tomcc, September 17, 2017
- “The Super Duper Graphics pack will be launching next year. Keep your eyes on Minecraft.net for future updates!” – @Minecraft, November 18, 2017
- "All the News From E3!" – Minecraft.net, June 11, 2017
- “The update Aquatic will come to both Java and bedrock at the same time.” – @MiaLem_n, November 19, 2017
|Legacy Console Edition|
|New Nintendo 3DS Edition|