This page is about planned versions of all editions of Minecraft. These updates either have major sources to their existence or have received development versions.
Note that only editions with known planned updates are listed here; if no known planned updates exist the edition is left out.
The Texture Update is an upcoming major update that will change most of the textures in the game, except for a few iconic textures like the creeper. The update currently has no planned released date. After release, the old textures will be available as a separate download. The new current new textures beta pack can be downloaded through this link.
1.14 is an upcoming major update with no set release date. The theme has not been revealed yet, but it will introduce many new stairs and slabs, update either the taiga, savanna or desert biome, decided on during MINECON Earth 2018, but will not overhaul combat.
1.15 and 1.16
1.15 and 1.16 are upcoming major updates that are planned to be released at an undetermined time after 1.14. The details of this updates alone have not yet been revealed, aside from that one of them will revisit combat, and the other gameplay mechanics. A new "Super Fancy" graphics setting is also planned.
1.7 is an upcoming major update for Bedrock Edition with no set release date which will add features such as a
/scoreboard command and the ability to eat food in Creative mode and Peaceful difficulty.
The 4K Update is an upcoming aesthetical update for Bedrock Edition with no set release date. It will add a 4K HDR graphics option. The Super Duper Graphics Pack will be added to the marketplace at the same time.
The update is delayed and will not be coming out anytime soon due to some internal issues.
|“||Minecraft developer here. The Graphics Team is still hard at work on this (it ended up being a ton more work than initially anticipated). The graphics part of our engine was quite honestly simply not built for this, and when we tried to put all the new features in piece by piece things went bad. Performance, even on the Xbox One X, was between bad and inconsistent during all the internal play sessions we had.
It will come, but we don't have a date yet. The gameplay team has been hard at work on the Update Aquatic, while the rest of the Engine team has been working on the Switch release alongside fixing performance issues on Xbox One. Those fixes are much closer than Super Duper :)
|— Tamer Jeison|
The Texture Update is an upcoming major update that will change most of the textures in the game, except for a few iconic textures like the creeper. The update currently has no planned released date. After release, the old textures will be available as a separate download.
- “WHAT IS JAPPA DOING TO MY MINECRAFT? Changing the textures! Except for a few, like the Creeper. Across all versions? YEP, both on Java and Bedrock. You cannot escape my sweet, sweet textures. When? Soon! In the Beta Resource Pack, where all my beloved pixels live.” – @JasperBoerstra, November 10, 2017
- "Try the new Minecraft Java Textures" – Minecraft.net, 14 December 2017
- “I can't tell you the theme but unrelated to that it'll have lots and lots of new slabs/stairs/etc. We don't have nearly enough.” – @Dinnerbone, April 17, 2018
- “Let's change the world! During the MINECON Earth livestream on September 29, vote LIVE and help us pick the next biome we update with new features and mobs! @jeb_ and @_LadyAgnes – tell us more!” – @Minecraft
- “The combat system overhaul will not be part of Minecraft 1.14. Mojang wants to take time and really get a lot of feedback.” – @docm77, May 31, 2018
- “One thing is 100%. 1.7 combat is gone, will stay gone. Let it go. Overhaul doesn't mean bring back the old stuff.” – @docm77, June 1, 2018
- “Well we could not record this morning but I will do a summary about the conference we had with the Mojang guys. They already have a brief roadmap for 1.14, 1.15 and 1.16 with an update focused on gameplay mechanics (but not redstone) and one about pvp.” – @aypierremc, May 30, 2018
- “There will be a new grafics setting in Minecraft. There will be a "fancy" and "super fancy" setting. Also the combat system will get an overhaul.” – @docm77
- "All the News From E3!" – Minecraft.net, June 11, 2017
|Legacy Console Edition|
|New Nintendo 3DS Edition|