The list below contains tutorials describing various factors of Minecraft.
These tutorials are designed to help newcomers to Minecraft get a basic ground beneath their feet.
- Your first 10 minutes
- The second day
- The third day
- Hunger management
- Things not to do
- Simple tips and tricks
These tutorials are intended for right after you have a roof over your head and a renewable food source. These tutorials shed light on some of the core fixtures of Minecraft gameplay. As such, you should consider reading them all.
Getting to know the game better. These are for when the player is comfortably established.
- Advancement guide
- Complete main adventure
- Creating a village
- Dual wielding
- Desert survival
- End survival
- Exploring caverns
- Game terms
- Gathering resources on peaceful difficulty
- Measuring distance
- Multiplayer PvP bases
- Nether hub
- Nether portals
- Nether survival
- Pillar jumping
- Player versus Player
- Summoning jockeys
- Things to do when bored
- Thunderstorm survival
- Time-saving tips
- Transportation methods
- Units of measure
- Village mechanics
- Zombie siege defense
- Adding beauty to constructions
- Architectural terms
- Building a metropolis
- Building micro shelters
- Building a rollercoaster
- Building safe homes
- Building water features
- Color palette
- Creating shapes
- Cruise ship
- Curved roofs
- Desert shelter
- Endless circling pool
- Glazed terracotta patterns
- Making nice floors
- Pixel art
- Roof construction guidelines
- Roof decorations
- Roof types
- Secret door
- Settlement guide
- Underwater home
- Walls and buttresses
- Water gate
- Acquiring a conduit
- Defeating a stronghold
- Defeating a bastion remnant
- Defeating a dungeon
- Defeating a nether fortress
- Defeating a monument
- Defeating an end city
- Defeating a pillager outpost
- Defeating a woodland mansion
- Defeating a village raid
- Defeating temples
- Defeating the ender dragon
- Defeating the wither
These tutorials rely on bugs to work and may be fixed at any time. Some servers may consider the use of these bugs as bannable.
These tutorials provide information on crop and mob farming.
- Blaze Rod
- Bone meal
- Chorus fruit
- Cocoa bean
- Egg, feather and chicken
- Music disc
- Nautilus shell and trident
- Nether wart
- Pumpkin and melon
- Raid-dropped treasure
- Scute or Turtle Shell
- Sea pickle
- Sugar cane
- Sweet berry
Enchanting and smeltingEdit
These tutorials provide information on how the furnaces and the enchantment system work.
These tutorials provide information on how to break blocks automatically, usually by an explosion.
Redstone and MechanismsEdit
These tutorials provide information on redstone mechanisms.
- /Redstone: Roundup of all redstone-related tutorials
- Redstone dust: The core material that enables most redstone devices, being crafted into many of them and also placed to carry signals.
- Mechanics/Redstone: The basic game mechanics for redstone power and signals.
- Mechanics/Redstone/Components: The blocks that are used in and with redstone contraptions.
- Tutorials/Redstone tips: Hints and advice for building your redstone devices.
- Mechanics/Redstone/Circuit: Lists various types of reusable circuits that can be used to manipulate signals, with sub-pages giving examples of the various types.
- Tutorials/Mechanisms: Lists an assortment of complete devices using redstone.
- Tutorials/Minecarts: Large railway systems can benefit from redstone at the terminals.
- Tutorials/Redstone music: Creating music with Note Blocks and redstone circuits.
- Tutorials/Rube Goldberg machine: Complexity and spectacle!
These tutorials provide information on how servers work and how to set up one.
These tutorials provide information on technical matters, such as mods and snapshots.
- Command blocks and functions
- Command NBT tags
- How to install a snapshot
- Creating a data pack
- Installing a data pack
- How to get a crash report
- Installing Forge mods
- Loading a resource pack
- Creating a resource pack
- Map downloads
- Custom maps
- Joining a LAN world with alternate accounts
- Custom Minecraft directory
- Sound directory
- Recover corrupted saved world data
- Saving your game data to the cloud with Dropbox
- Save game data to Dropbox (world data only)
- Playing and saving Minecraft on a thumb drive
- Run Minecraft through Google Drive
- Improving frame rate
- Update Java to latest version
- Updating old oceans in 1.13 using MCEdit
- Falling blocks
Creating Minecraft mediaEdit
Bedrock Edition onlyEdit
The following tutorials are obsolete and intended for older versions of Minecraft.
- Custom texture packs — texture packs are no longer used, resource packs use new file structure
- How to get a crash report (Outdated) — no longer works with the current launcher
- Water tram - Boat mechanics have been overhauled
- Managing slimes in superflat mode — slimes are no longer a plague
- Repeater reboot system — a glitch that existed in Beta only
- Update LWJGL (Legacy) — current launcher automatically updates libraries
- Custom lake — these methods are no longer needed since water is more obliging
- Water ladder — no longer works as given, water behavior has changed a lot since Beta
- Installing mods - Modloader — ModLoader is no longer supported by its creator
- Far Lands — they were removed in Beta 1.8
- Instant wire — a glitch that existed in Beta
- Update Minecraft — updating and downgrading Minecraft is automatic in the new launcher
- Minecart booster — Minecart boosters were fixed shortly after the introduction of powered rails.
- Survival with no enabled data packs - Blocks no longer drop items when data packs are disabled with the Village & Pillage update.
- Door-based iron golem farming - Villages are no longer based around doors with the Village & Pillage update.
- Village chaining - Villages are no longer based around doors with the Village & Pillage update.
- Villager farming - Villages are no longer based around doors with the Village & Pillage update.