|This article is a stub, meaning that it lacks some important content.|
You can help by expanding it with further information relating to the topic.
Raid farming is a means to obtain items dropped by raid mobs (pillagers, vindicators, witches, evokers, and ravagers), as well as special items dropped by these mobs during raids:[Bedrock Edition only] emeralds, enchanted books, iron tools, and iron armor (of which half has enchantments). Farms can be made from a village with a spawning platform for the raiders or be made at a pillager outpost (though in the latter only pillagers will spawn and there is no raid loot[Bedrock Edition only] and no hero of the village).
Broadly the components of a raid farm are:
- a village (1 bed and 1 villager are sufficient)
- a surface on which the raid is forced to spawn (the ground, or an isolated surface above)
- a way to funnel or guide the raid mobs
- a killing area; that is, mob grinder to kill the mobs, or a holding area for the player to kill them and earn experience as well as loot.
- a way to get Bad Omen again, so that the next raid can start: