Tutorials/Installing a data pack
Java Edition only
These tutorials are meant to help you use data packs in Minecraft. Data packs allow players to customize command functions, loot tables, world structures, advancements, and recipes, which will change the actual game play. Before installing a data pack, you will first need to create one.
Here is how to install a data pack when in singleplayer:
- Download the data pack. It should be a .zip file or directory.
- Open Minecraft.
- Select your world, click on “Edit”, then “Open world folder”.
- Open the folder named
datapacks, and put the data pack into it.
- If this doesn't work, type in
Here is how to install a data pack when in multiplayer:
- Download the data pack. It should be a .zip file.
- Open your server folder, then open
- Put the data pack into a folder named
- Assuming that you are at least operator level 4, type in
- If this doesn't work, type