The Gamepedia and Fandom account systems have now been merged. If your username is incorrect, you have accounts on both platforms that weren't merged, or you have trouble signing in, please submit a support ticket.
Tutorials/Custom minecraft directory
To play minecraft from a custom directory, you can use these simple steps.
- Go to the folder where you installed Minecraft.
- Shift right click in a blank space and press "Open Command Window Here."
- Get the Directory Path of where you want to store the game.
- In the Command Prompt window, type in:
echo java -jar Minecraft.exe --workDir=". Do not press enter yet.
- In the file browser, find the folder you want Minecraft to be installed in to.
- Click and drag the folder to the open command prompt window. It should fill in the path automatically.
- Finish typing
" > run.batand press enter.
- In the folder, run the "run.bat" file.
- Right click the Minecraft shortcut on your desktop and select "Properties".
- If you do not have a shortcut, navigate to the folder where you installed Minecraft, right click MinecraftLauncher.exe, and click "Create Shortcut".
- There should be a line labeled Target. After the file path, add a space and type: --workDir DIR_PATH
- Replace "DIR_PATH" with the directory you want the game to use.
- Minecraft will now use that directory as long as you launch it from that shortcut.