Tutorials/Custom Minecraft directory
To play minecraft from a custom directory, you can use these simple steps.
- Go to the folder where you installed Minecraft.
- Shift right click in a blank space and press "Open Command Window Here."
- Get the Directory Path of where you want to store the game.
- In the Command Prompt window, type in:
echo java -jar Minecraft.exe --workDir=". Do not press enter yet.
- In the file browser, find the folder you want Minecraft to be installed in to.
- Click and drag the folder to the open command prompt window. It should fill in the path automatically.
- Finish typing
" > run.batand press enter.
- In the folder, run the "run.bat" file.
- Right click the Minecraft shortcut on your desktop and select "Properties".
- If you do not have a shortcut, navigate to the folder where you installed Minecraft, right click MinecraftLauncher.exe, and click "Create Shortcut".
- There should be a line labeled Target. After the file path, add a space and type: --workDir DIR_PATH
- Replace "DIR_PATH" with the directory you want the game to use.
- Minecraft will now use that directory as long as you launch it from that shortcut.