Tutorials/Curing a zombie villager
|This article is a stub.|
Please help us by expanding it.
This page shows which ways you can cure a zombie villager.
About zombie villagers
Zombie villagers look like normal villagers and have clothes like normal villagers, but their behavior is like regular zombies.
Equipment needed to cure a zombie villager
- Any type of cheap building blocks, such as dirt, stone or planks
- A full set of leather or better armor
- Any type of mining tool, such as a pickaxe (if in stone) or shovel (if in grass or dirt)
Finding the equipment
- Splash Potions: Splash potions need to be brewed on the brewing stand that needs to be crafted first (or found in a igloo or end ship), and the ingredients needed to craft is cobblestone (commonly found in the over world) and a blaze rod (which can be found in the nether by killing a blaze, which has a chance to drop a blaze rod). Also blaze powder (crafted from a blaze rod) are needed to fuel the brewing stand. The ingredients for the Potion of Weakness is:
- Golden Apple: Found sometimes from a loot chest, or can be crafted from 8 gold ingots and a regular apple. (Note that enchanted golden apples do not work, it must be a regular golden apple)
Finding a zombie villager
Zombie villagers spawn naturally 10% in place of a regular zombie, or if a villager is being killed by a zombie, or in a igloo basement.
While you see a zombie villager, you can either build a 2 block high pillar, or build a dirt house for it to cure it.
How to cure a zombie villager
- First, when you find a zombie villager, secure it in a safe area by, for example, placing a wood fence between the zombie villager and the player. This is just to prevent the zombie villager from attacking the player.
- Select the Splash Potion of Weakness in your hotbar.
- Point the crosshair at the zombie villager. Then, throw your splash potion on the zombie villager. Make sure you are not close to the place where the potion splashes, or you will inflict yourself with Weakness. The game control to use the potion depends on the version/edition you play on.
- Java Edition, Windows 10 Edition, and Education Edition: Right-click on the zombie villager.
- Mobile devices: Touch on the zombie villager.
- Xbox 360 Edition and Xbox One Edition: Press on your Xbox controller.
- PlayStation 3 Edition, PlayStation 4 Edition, and PlayStation Vita Edition: Press on your PlayStation controller.
- Wii U Edition: Press on the gamepad.
- Nintendo Switch Edition: Press on the controller.
- Then, the zombie villager will have the Weakness effect. While the zombie villager has the effect, select the golden apple on the hotbar.
- Feed the zombie villager the golden apple selected in the hotbar. You do this by pressing the same button as the button you press when you threw the potion of it.
- Done! The zombie villager will shake and will emit red particles before it turns into a regular villager. The process will take 2-5 minutes, and you will obtain the Zombie Doctor achievement/advancement if you have not obtained it before.
More videos can be found here