Tutorials/Cobblestone farming/Factory V3 Piston CSG
This quad-pillar generator fits in a 4×3 hole, 6 deep. It produces 4 cobblestone on every fourth piston cycle. Earliest Known Publication: Jul 6, 2012
- When planning, consider that the bottom-layer dust is directly below the on/off switch.
- When building the clock (north row of layers 0 and 1), place the repeater and set it to max before covering the level 0 components.
- While you are mostly working from the bottom up, you'll want to finish the switch column early. This includes a sticky piston facing down; to place this, it help to place at least the top block (level 5), then work down from there.
- Go up to the surface to flip the lever twice. This will pick up the switch block, turning off the clock before you place the pistons.
- Then finish the north wall and continue building in 3×3. The cobblestone need not be placed, any blocks placed there will go up with the blocks above them.
- Place water first. then lava.
- Place any height limiters you want for the four columns, and fill the middle column with some non-pickaxe block—sand, gravel, or wood will do fine. That's just so your loot doesn't get stranded between the columns.
- Then turn it on long enough to push up the spare blocks above the cobblestone, and mine those. Your factory is now running!
- The build is demonstrated in this video by ZirumsHeroTWR.