Tutorials/Choosing a fuel
You may want to consider what fuels you would like to use. In these examples, the process is making cactus green dye, but this works for any item. For slabs, wooden planks, and saplings, oak is used, but it does not matter what type of tree the item came from. Also, you can replace ONE of the slabs with a stick or sapling when burning slabs. Two slabs can be replaced with one of the following items or vice versa:
Fuels not shown are not ideal.
The fuels[edit | edit source]
If you are doing 4-7 processes, start by doing them in groups of 3 until you have less than 3 processes left to do. Then you can do the rest using the appropriate fuel.
If you are doing 9-15 processes, the fuel depends on the exact number of processes you are doing.
- If you are doing 9, 12, or 15 processes, simply burn wood planks, wood slabs, or banners until all the processes are complete. For example:
You can do 12 processes more than one way.
- Otherwise, start by burning coal or charcoal. Then do the rest with the appropriate fuel.
If you are doing 16-23 processes, the ideal fuel depends on the exact number of processes as well.
- If you are doing 16, 19, or 22 processes, start by burning 2 coal or charcoal.
- If you are doing 17, 20, or 23 processes, start by burning 1 coal or charcoal.
- If none of the above are true, just burn slabs, wood planks, or banners. You can also start by burning a blaze rod.
If you are doing 25-79 processes, do them in groups of 24 until you have less than 24 left to do. Then you can do the remainder with the appropriate fuel. Note that in extremely large projects you might be smelting more than a full stack. If this Is the case, you will need to do the following actions in the middle:
- Add more items to the input slot.
- Remove items from the output slot.
Large projects[edit | edit source]
These are fuels to start with if you are doing large numbers of processes. Note that for lava buckets, you will need to remove the bucket before putting another fuel in. Set 0-19 items aside so that the number of items you are smelting is a multiple of 20
First, figure out if you can burn blocks of coal so that you would have a multiple of 100 items left to smelt, then burn lava buckets (which do 100 processes). Note that a group of 400 items can be done in multiple ways.
If this is not possible, you will need to do something else.
- If you are doing 120 or 140 processes:
- If you are doing 220 processes: