Template talk:Blast resistance values
Change TNT Value[edit source]
Hey, uh, not sure why I can't edit it, but...can we change the TNT blast resistance to "0 (will activate)"? It doesn't technically "ignite" from being blasted. Grissess 06:41, 18 May 2011 (UTC)
- Only admins can edit it, because idiots kept trying to change the blast resistance of Bedrock. I'm not sure if any admins have this template on their watchlist, though; you'd probably have more luck asking on User talk:Ultradude25. 「ダイノガイ千？！」? · ☎ Dinoguy1000 06:44, 18 May 2011 (UTC)
Remove "(will ignite)" as of Beta 1.7Supuhstar 19:27, 30 June 2011 (UTC)
Web resistance[edit source]
Web resistance update and thoughts about protection[edit source]
Web resistance is now 20, someone please add it. Also, why not give the permission to edit this page to some active users, besides admins? I got zombe's modpack, which can read the blast resistance, strength, stackability, sliperiness of any block, and it is live-updated. (This means if I change a block's sliperiness, the sliperiness is correctly changed in the info GUI) Calinou - talk × contribs » 11:40, 28 July 2011 (UTC)
- Because there are only two options for allowing more people to edit this template: reducing the protection to semi or none (the easy solution), which won't happen because of morons trying to change the value of Obsidian or Bedrock, or adding a new usergroup that can edit fully-protected pages and adding users to that group (the involved solution), which won't happen because Curse is not likely to add new usergroups just so a template can be updated a bit faster.
- I'm not sure what you're trying to say with the mod; I don't see how that has any relevance here. 「ダイノガイ千？！」? · ☎ Dinoguy1000 05:44, 29 July 2011 (UTC)
this value is taken directly from a running instance of Minecraft; do not change it[edit source]
When you change a value not by taking it from a running Minecraft instance, please remove the above comment in the source. Xfs 09:24, 2 September 2011 (UTC)
Flowing Water Resistance[edit source]
- Some weeks ago, I asked Calinou, who added the value. The value (500) seems to be taken from the code itself. – Scaler (t) 10:08, 3 September 2011 (UTC)
There have been some argument about this, but I found that argument was useless with a kid. Edit wars are not encouraged, so I still need to leave some facts here:
- The resistence table was first added by known modder Risugami to the TNT article, in which the value of flowing water is 500.
- I later moved the table to the Explosion article, and verified the values against a running instance of Minecraft beta 1.1_02 with logging mod during the intial writing of that article. And the value of flowing water was 500.
- D0sboots updated and verified the values to beta 1.3, and the value of flowing water kept being 500. And he migrated the table to the template here.
- I then again verified the values against beta 1.5_01. The value of flowing water was still 500.
- I just obtained some comprehensive stats with logging mod against beta 1.7.3, and the value of flowing water remained 500.
- I also read MCP code (beta 1.7.3), and drew the conclusion that the value is 500.
- I performed in-game experiments in beta 1.7.3, in which flowing water was not destroyed by TNT (flowing lava was destroyed). I was reluctant to provide a video proof because it's just too easy to reproduce.
Xfs 13:24, 3 September 2011 (UTC)
- Notch's word will be the final: if he says 500, feel free to undo my change that it is 0. CosmoConsole my page! my talk! my contributions! 13:26, 3 September 2011 (UTC)
- Hehe, for the sake of avoiding edit-war, your point is argument from authority. Xfs 14:30, 3 September 2011 (UTC)
- Would there be any objections to using Xfs's table to update the values in the template (other than the disputed flowing water value)? If not, I'll do so in a couple of days (if no one else takes the initiative). 「ディノ奴千？！」? · ☎ Dinoguy1000 21:44, 4 September 2011 (UTC)
some blocks are missing but are in Edit : confused[edit source]
So I was looking for piston blast resistance from this page, I didn't see it. Checked Edit, it was present.
The 2.5 resistance is missing these from display :
- sticky piston
- block 34
- piston extension
- brewing stand –Preceding unsigned comment was added by 18.104.22.168 (Talk) 06:00, 26 January 2013 (UTC). Please sign your posts with ~~~~
- All of those are in the template. Piston extension (which is Block 34) and the brewing stand are missing from Explosion#Blast Resistance though, if you want to add those there.
—Kanegasi ☺C06:13, 26 January 2013 (UTC)
Packed Ice[edit source]
Shortcut template[edit source]
- I don't care, but isn't most usage automatic through the block template? —munin · · 15:22, 28 June 2014 (UTC)