Template talk:Blast resistance values
Change TNT Value
Hey, uh, not sure why I can't edit it, but...can we change the TNT blast resistance to "0 (will activate)"? It doesn't technically "ignite" from being blasted. Grissess 06:41, 18 May 2011 (UTC)
- Only admins can edit it, because idiots kept trying to change the blast resistance of Bedrock. I'm not sure if any admins have this template on their watchlist, though; you'd probably have more luck asking on User talk:Ultradude25. 「ダイノガイ千？！」? · ☎ Dinoguy1000 06:44, 18 May 2011 (UTC)
Remove "(will ignite)" as of Beta 1.7Supuhstar 19:27, 30 June 2011 (UTC)
Web resistance update and thoughts about protection
Web resistance is now 20, someone please add it. Also, why not give the permission to edit this page to some active users, besides admins? I got zombe's modpack, which can read the blast resistance, strength, stackability, sliperiness of any block, and it is live-updated. (This means if I change a block's sliperiness, the sliperiness is correctly changed in the info GUI) Calinou - talk × contribs » 11:40, 28 July 2011 (UTC)
- Because there are only two options for allowing more people to edit this template: reducing the protection to semi or none (the easy solution), which won't happen because of morons trying to change the value of Obsidian or Bedrock, or adding a new usergroup that can edit fully-protected pages and adding users to that group (the involved solution), which won't happen because Curse is not likely to add new usergroups just so a template can be updated a bit faster.
- I'm not sure what you're trying to say with the mod; I don't see how that has any relevance here. 「ダイノガイ千？！」? · ☎ Dinoguy1000 05:44, 29 July 2011 (UTC)
this value is taken directly from a running instance of Minecraft; do not change it
When you change a value not by taking it from a running Minecraft instance, please remove the above comment in the source. Xfs 09:24, 2 September 2011 (UTC)
Flowing Water Resistance
- Some weeks ago, I asked Calinou, who added the value. The value (500) seems to be taken from the code itself. – Scaler (t) 10:08, 3 September 2011 (UTC)
There have been some argument about this, but I found that argument was useless with a kid. Edit wars are not encouraged, so I still need to leave some facts here:
- The resistence table was first added by known modder Risugami to the TNT article, in which the value of flowing water is 500.
- I later moved the table to the Explosion article, and verified the values against a running instance of Minecraft beta 1.1_02 with logging mod during the intial writing of that article. And the value of flowing water was 500.
- D0sboots updated and verified the values to beta 1.3, and the value of flowing water kept being 500. And he migrated the table to the template here.
- I then again verified the values against beta 1.5_01. The value of flowing water was still 500.
- I just obtained some comprehensive stats with logging mod against beta 1.7.3, and the value of flowing water remained 500.
- I also read MCP code (beta 1.7.3), and drew the conclusion that the value is 500.
- I performed in-game experiments in beta 1.7.3, in which flowing water was not destroyed by TNT (flowing lava was destroyed). I was reluctant to provide a video proof because it's just too easy to reproduce.
Xfs 13:24, 3 September 2011 (UTC)
- Notch's word will be the final: if he says 500, feel free to undo my change that it is 0. CosmoConsole my page! my talk! my contributions! 13:26, 3 September 2011 (UTC)
- Hehe, for the sake of avoiding edit-war, your point is argument from authority. Xfs 14:30, 3 September 2011 (UTC)
- Would there be any objections to using Xfs's table to update the values in the template (other than the disputed flowing water value)? If not, I'll do so in a couple of days (if no one else takes the initiative). 「ディノ奴千？！」? · ☎ Dinoguy1000 21:44, 4 September 2011 (UTC)
some blocks are missing but are in Edit : confused
So I was looking for piston blast resistance from this page, I didn't see it. Checked Edit, it was present.
The 2.5 resistance is missing these from display :
- sticky piston
- block 34
- piston extension
- brewing stand –Preceding unsigned comment was added by 22.214.171.124 (Talk) 06:00, 26 January 2013 (UTC). Please sign your posts with ~~~~
- All of those are in the template. Piston extension (which is Block 34) and the brewing stand are missing from Explosion#Blast Resistance though, if you want to add those there.
—Kanegasi ☺C06:13, 26 January 2013 (UTC)
- I don't care, but isn't most usage automatic through the block template? —munin · · 15:22, 28 June 2014 (UTC)