Like all other dyes, dye usage can be:
- Applied to sheep to dye their wool, which can then be sheared for 1–3 blocks of usage wool.
- Applied to tamed wolves to dye their collars.
- Used to dye or stain wool, leather armor, beds, glass, terracotta and shulker boxes.
- Combined with gunpowder to make a firework star.
- Combined with a firework star to create a fade-to-color effect.
- Used to add patterns to banners.
- Used to dye shulkers in Bedrock and Education editions.
- Used to dye water contained in cauldrons in Bedrock and Education editions.
- Combined with sand and gravel to craft concrete powder.
- Combined with compounds to craft balloons or glow sticks in Bedrock and Education editions.