Talk:Windows 10 Edition
- 1 Oculus Rift Edition Release date passed
- 2 Windows 10 Edition Beta = Pocket Edition
- 3 A Device Support Page for Windows 10 Edition
- 4 Windows 10 Beta Files and Saves
- 5 Windows 10 Edition 0.12.2
- 6 Gear VR
- 7 Misuse of the word hologram
- 8 Windows
- 9 Confusing wording regarding why the UWP version is not based on the Java version
- 10 Hololens confirmed to not be happening
Oculus Rift Edition Release date passed
The wiki states that the release date for MCORE will be this spring. In contrast now it is summer which means we have passed that season....Serouj2000 15:50, 16 July 2016 (UTC)~
Windows 10 Edition Beta = Pocket Edition
|— Tommaso Checchi https://twitter.com/_tomcc/status/617333767536029696|
|— Tommaso Checchi https://twitter.com/_tomcc/status/617334672272588800|
That means: the Windows 10 Edition Beta is the same as the Pocket Edition, so no extra page is needed. The content of this page should be moved to Pocket Edition. | violine1101(Talk) 14:43, 4 July 2015 (UTC)
- I would move it to the planned versions page until it is released, next to the HoloLens version which is the same case. –KnightMiner t/c 15:06, 4 July 2015 (UTC)
|— Tommaso Checchi|
|— Tommaso Checchi https://www.reddit.com/r/Minecraft/comments/3c3e5m/announcing_minecraft_windows_10_edition_beta/csry0j5?context=1|
- Disagree Although the Pocket Edition is nearly equivalent to the Windows 10 edition, it will be running on devices like the HoloLenses and the capabilities of that alone should not in my opinion should not be mixed with the Pocket Edition. If anything, I think this page should be moved over to Windows 10 Edition instead of focusing on the beta. ExtremeHeat11 (talk) 21:31, 4 July 2015 (UTC)
Disagree If it were the case,the hearts would be on the top right corner of the screen not on the hotbar,although it was the case in windows 10 edition alpha (minecon usage gameplay) 13:43, 26 August 2015 (UTC)ThunderEagle14 (talk) 13:43, 26 August 2015 (UTC)
- I would have agreed Had you said Windows 10 Edition ~Pocket Edition 14:27, 14 July 2016 (UTC)
A Device Support Page for Windows 10 Edition
Ok, you know how there is a support page for Android (Minecraft PE) and iOS (Minecraft PE) so if someone has a computer on the list, they can see if their computer is right for it. AwlsomeAlex (talk) 21:09, 1 August 2015 (UTC)
Windows 10 Beta Files and Saves
I finally found the save locations for Minecraft for WX Beta.
Let's find out if it varies from user to user!
Related Directories >
LocalState folder is where custom minecraft skins go (loose files, not inside any other folder)
Save folders seem to have a garbeldygook code name which is random and not linked to the name of the world exclusively. They are located in
A fresh world only contained the db folder, level.dat and levelname.txt files
Editing the levelname.txt does not change the name of the world and renaming the world from the beta launcher has a 16 character limit and does change the text in the levelname.txt. Editing and saving the world without changing it also does not change the text in the levelname.txt regardless of its contents if the name is identical to the previous entry via the launcher.
Managed to get a level.dat_old file to appear in a second fresh world (before the level.dat had even been generated somehow) possibly due to my name changing all over the place.
Seeds appear to be vastly different in this new version of Minecraft as opposed to the original desktop version and as such replacing the level.dat is no longer compatible so goodbye weeks of work and searching for that perfect seed.
F3 no longer brings up debugging overlay and / no longer opens the chat box.
Windows 10 Edition 0.12.2
Windows 10 Edition received an update to 0.12.2 today (October 12th, 2015). I don't know what's changed and the developers haven't mentioned it either. –Preceding unsigned comment was added by Miningexpert18 (talk • contribs) at 16:34, 12 October 2015 (UTC). Please sign your posts with ~~~~
- If there was an update, the amount of memory used by the game would have risen. That doesn't seem to be the case, however. -BDJP (t|c) 17:29, 12 October 2015 (UTC)
- Yes, but I saw the update in the store and when I installed it and opened the game, the version number was bumped up to 0.12.2 Miningexpert18 (talk) 18:23, 12 October 2015 (UTC)
- I can confirm this, the version number displayed in the bottom right as you start up the game is indeed 0.12.2. It says here that it's only bugfixes. Overlordyoyo (talk) 06:19, 13 October 2015 (UTC)
The announcement by Zuckerberg at Samsung event was "Games including Minecraft will be coming to the Occulus Store". I'm not sure if that really implies it would be available for Gear VR.
I still have the impression the HoloLens/Occulus Rift features are in the Win10 version, and not in every Pocket Edition-based versions. While they share the same engine and codebase, there are separate code for the UI and input schemes, which would be very customized for AR/VR on Win10, I doubt it would be available in Android, at least in the announced "Spring" timeframe announced by Mojang.
Misuse of the word hologram
> Two different playable modes were shown, one being a "wall" mode where a player can use an Xbox controller to interact and play with a conventional Minecraft world that was being projected holographically onto a wall.
Just noticed the misuse of the word holographically there. Despite it's naming the HoloLens is not capable of making holograms. If it was you wouldn't need glasses. Holograms are light projections that exist in real space and can be seen by everyone in the room without wearing special equipment. I think "illusions" would be a more accurate word for the hololens. Then again maybe I'm the only one who cares about this. WildBluntHickok (talk) 20:33, 25 April 2016 (UTC)
- I think a good term might be "augmented reality"? – Sealbudsman talk/contr 21:05, 25 April 2016 (UTC)
Can i play win10 ed. on WinXP, Win7, Win8? if no, so why? (not exept it's WIN10 EDITION) 18.104.22.168 11:32, 24 March 2017 (UTC)
- Windows 10 Edition is only for Windows 10. Also, [[forum:|this link]] might help you. – Dentedharp90041tce 14:24, 26 September 2017 (UTC)
Confusing wording regarding why the UWP version is not based on the Java version
The wording in the following quote is confusing, because it suggests that the Java version of Minecraft does not work on Windows 10. "It was explained that due to being a universal app, it was not possible to run the Java version of Minecraft as Microsoft does not support universal apps in Java." I cannot correct the wording, because I am somewhat new to Minecraft, and am fuzzy when it comes to the different versions, and also know nothing about coding. Nevertheless, I know that there is a Java version, a Windows 10 Edition that runs on the Universal Windows Platform, an Xbox One Edition (which seems to have been replaced a few days ago by the UWP Windows 10 version, since that version has been extended to run on Xbox One). Let me suggest the following wording to replace the wording that I quoted above. Someone who knows the exact comment that is being referenced can verify that everything is correct: 'It was explained that due to being a Universal Windows Platform app, it was not possible to base it off of the Java version of Minecraft, because the Universal Windows Platform does not support apps written in Java.' Further, anyone who knows the exact comment that is being referenced, and the time in which that comment is made, should post a link to that exact moment in the video, or if that is not possible, include the hours, minutes, and seconds in the superscript. Lastly, anyone who is more familiar with coding than I am--especially the Universal Windows Platform and Java--please correct any inaccuracies in my suggested wording. Drewneilson (talk) 20:41, 24 September 2017 (UTC)
Hololens confirmed to not be happening
https://twitter.com/HelenAngel/status/1112526871248273408. Should we state this in this article? -PancakeIdentity (talk) 05:53, 1 April 2019 (UTC)