- 1 Lightning Fires?
- 2 Redstone uses
- 3 pigs
- 4 See Through Clouds
- 5 Trivia
- 6 a strange edit in the bugs section.
- 7 seasons.
- 8 Merge
- 9 Rain Creating Puddles???
- 10 Rainbow
- 11 Snow glitch.
- 12 Wikicode bug.
- 13 Snow and Rain
- 14 Snow and Monsters
- 15 Weird weather oriented sound glitch
- 16 Glowing Creeper
- 17 History - addition with possibly invalid information
In the video released by Mojang, at about 00:48 the lightning clearly makes a small fire. Should this be mentioned in the article, and does anyone know any more about it? JesusChrist666 01:07, 9 April 2011 (UTC)
Lightning fire burns down huge treehouse. http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/3018/20110421153511.png http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/2385/20110421153539.png --Elliya 19:53, 21 April 2011 (UTC)
Is there any way to make an accurate weather detector that works for redstone, and does not use a mod?
I heard pigs struck by lightning turn into zombie pigmen--Ash0011 20:51, 13 April 2011 (UTC)
- Notch said as much on Twitter, but the way he said it, he may just have been joking. We'll have to wait and see, I think, to know for sure. 「ダイノガイ千？！」? · ☎ Dinoguy1000 02:43, 14 April 2011 (UTC)
- Lightning does turn pigs into zombie pigmen, tested and confirmed with Zombe's mods weather control thing. It has to be off peaceful though, otherwie nothing will happen/ the pig will just disappear without a cloud of smoke DrKlozer 04:27, 1 June 2011 (UTC)
Will rain randomly or only in specific regions appear? -- Dahmac 15:04, 19 April 2011 (UTC)
See Through Clouds
In order to see the sky during rainfall, simply access your inventory while looking at the sky.--Zylar 16:27, 19 April 2011 (UTC)
- You should rename the confirmed information section to trivia, as the 1.5 update is now released.
- Only opaque blocks stop rain/snow/thunderstorm, so rain falls through stairs... strange...
- Rain not only puts out fire on blocks which it falls on, but also on block adjacent to them by edge.
- Not just stairs... it rains (etc.) through glass... ugly, when you have a glasshouse or a glass-trainstation... --maxampere 22:17, 19 April 2011 (UTC)
- I don't like that the majority of the info in the opening paragraph is also listed under the Trivia section. One at a time please! JaffaCakeLover 19:37, 19 April 2011 (UTC)
- Do we even need a "trivia" section? Its not trivia, its trivial, half of it is just re-stated and the other half is pointless. How about instead we just take all of that and turn it into useful information in the article instead of making it a subsection to re-iterate what has already been said.Schizmo 13:20, 20 April 2011 (UTC)
Not anymore :) Vincent2128 05:42, 23 April 2011 (UTC)
a strange edit in the bugs section.
"* In SSP lightning on Steps is broken now. Step turns black (on newly placed steps)" Can some one understand what he means so we can write this properly? is it even connected to weather? Also, this same guy took glass out of the list of things rail fall through; I have the filling that the men don't know English...--Yurisho 14:32, 20 April 2011 (UTC)
i was playing my flatgrass world (snowy biome) i have single player commands i saw the leaves and grass a different colour so i did command weather rain (snows in snowy biomes) it was raining in this snow biome actually i used comand biome it said shrubland i am geussing notch secertetly added seasons??
I was in a Pine-type biome next to a mountain-biome, and I had the same thing. It was sunny to begin with, with little rain. Soon, it started to rain more often (I am guessing this was autumn). Then, It started snowing!!! YUMMY55 01:50, 9 February 2012 (UTC)
Rain and Snow have their own pages, yet their information is still on this one. I propose that we merge this page with Rain and Snow, or create a page for lightning and delete this page. Legend 16:29, 20 April 2011 (UTC)
- Seconded. Also, I'd like to see lightning get its own section and the Trivia part shortened accordingly. Can anyone confirm if lightning occurs in snowstorms? Seems like it should. --Theothersteve7 20:33, 21 April 2011 (UTC)
- I did split out thunderstorm to it’s own page and rain-specific information to rain.
- I also introduced a way to keep information and trivia about both weathers in one place. I think this is way more clear than stuffing everything in here.
- This way, everything has it’s place. rain and thunderstorms have their pages and this page has information about weather in general. – Flying sheep 22:53, 21 April 2011 (UTC)
Rain Creating Puddles???
The page currently states that "Rain can also make puddles in small holes in the ground.". What does it mean by "puddles"? Is there a water source block or something else created in the "hole"? Vincent2128 09:05, 21 April 2011 (UTC)
I have tried creating small holes in the rain and letting them sit but I have not ever seen water collect in one. If this is the case, it may only happen in certain circumstances or after a long period of time? Can does anyone else have an experience with this? Jakechs 21:56, 21 April 2011 (UTC)
Doesn't work-I think you're talking about Cauldrons since the 1.3 update -Red 20 October 2012
Will rain cause rainbows at all? If so, is there a chest full of gold ore at the end? Vanstrat 21:11, 22 April 2011 (UTC)
Well no (or not yet). Vincent2128 05:39, 23 April 2011 (UTC)
It would be awesome though... Vanstrat 19:34, 25 April 2011 (UTC)
Is there any word on whether Notch is aware of the problem with it raining in some sections of snow biomes and if he plans of fixing it?
- I haven't heard anything. And you forgot to sign your name. Vincent2128 05:39, 23 April 2011 (UTC)
- Are we even sure that it is a bug? I seem to remember Notch mentioning that he didn't like the abrupt change between biomes. Ullallulloo 00:50, 29 April 2011 (UTC)
Snow and Rain
Anyone else get an interesting/weird bug where in a temperate biome, while it's raining, there'll just bit this random little part where it's snowing? Right in the middle of a rainstorm. Pic
Side note: Anyone also have it that when lightning strikes a pig, not only is there a pigman, but there's also two ghost pigmen that act like pigmen (Attack and everything) but can't hurt you or be hurt? --AshenSwift 14:23, 1 May 2011 (UTC)
Snow and Monsters
When it was snowing, I noticed that zombies burned to death, but not skeletons. Do the light conditions of a snowstorm allow only zombies to burn and skeletons to remain intact? What, then, of spiders? Faren22 01:46, 3 May 2011 (UTC)
Weird weather oriented sound glitch
While I was playing yesterday, I was wandering around my dessert area and it was raining around...probably...mid-noon (in game of course) and it was spawning mobs casually. For some reason, and this area is not anywhere near a cave because I've checked, and a lava fall is way away from this spot, I heard the burning sound on some zombies as they were being rained on, and a few died for some reason. I don't know why it did this, and it confused me enough to wonder if Notch is going to add acid rain someday. Anyways, it was weird and I just thought I'd like the share that because there was also no lightning either and was hoping that someone could vouch for me on this. Feel free to edit it answers, I don't really mind. -- K12machinima, 5:12, 5/3/2011.
 i saw a crepper golwing after it stopped raining proof that superchared creepers exist (pic in link)Blaxout1213 00:53, 6 May 2011 (UTC) http://s1229.photobucket.com/albums/ee480/blaxout1213/?action=view¤t=2011-05-05_201924.png
History - addition with possibly invalid information
Between revisions 321888 by Calinou and 323325 by Asterick6 (diff url),
it seems that User:Asterick6 added "in version xxx," as part of the paragraph they added in the edit. Is "xxx" a placeholder that nobody noticed to fix, or is this spam?
like2omg 21:16, 4 September 2012 (UTC)
- Probably a placeholder, if he didn't know exactly which version the change was in. -- Orthotope 00:07, 5 September 2012 (UTC)