whats the point?
Whats the point of the Cobblestone wall? is it just a fence but made out of cobblestone? --~Legobatman3609~ 23:11, 17 August 2012 (UTC)
Nope. The wall made of cobble is just an alternative to fences. Anoymonous 18.104.22.168 22:13, 20 August 2012 (UTC)
- They are basically sideways slabs, useful for many things. 22.214.171.124 08:24, 23 August 2012 (UTC)
Yay, tombstones. Finally. 126.96.36.199 21:30, 23 August 2012 (UTC)
Unfortunately, breaking Mossy Cobble Walls just gives normal Cobble Walls. Hope this gets fixed, Mossy Cobble isn't exactly abundant!!ZeCraftyMiner 18:42, 24 August 2012 (UTC)
Cobblestone walls are a cheaper, stronger, and different looking alrernative to fences. They have some small differances like how you can't walk diagonally between 2, but other than that they're mostly the same. 188.8.131.52 22:13, 16 December 2014 (UTC)
Should probably note somewhere that this item is based on http: //www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1298016-132-rotation-key-vertical-slabs-useful-storage-and-more-vanilla-with-sprinkles-last-updated-825/ (can't post the unbroken link because the captcha doesn't work for me). –Preceding unsigned comment was added by 184.108.40.206 (Talk) 20:00, 25 August 2012 (UTC). Please sign your posts with ~~~~
How does stacking work?
What do these cobble walls look like when you make them 2 high? Could someone add a picture? 220.127.116.11 16:13, 19 October 2012 (UTC)
They look a little to me like jail or some kind of rock bracing; sorry, no Picture, but at one point, I made them 2-high over a regular Cobblestone foundation, added some vertical Cobble pillars, capped with Burning, Netherrack, and it really looked like some kind of hell-ish prison-type barrier. I put more Cobblestone Fencing, as I think of it, around and I think on top of the Netherrack's Fires, to keep my Dogs out (but of course they can Teleport *shock* ); and could still see the flame burning brightly at night.
Here's my question, though: I could swear I read here on the wiki that - maybe - there was a narrow gap which Arrows (and it might've depended on the type of shooter, whether Skeletal Archer or Player) could pass through. Rather than regale you with tales from that Desert, NPC Village which I then shot-out and even killed Skeletons that couldn't shoot me back, from the partially see-through Wall; and I celebrated with Huge Mushrooms, Pink-and-Light Green -Dyed Sheep, Sandstone Sphinx (it already had a Pyramid, er Temple), and a Brick factory full of self-drowning Chickens, I wonder: is it still this way?
Ah, my Arrow passed through and went 50 Blocks further, in a straight line (answer); man, the Fence, er Wall looks good, especially with a further layer of Cobble atop, but my personal building ethos has changed and I'll use Chiseled Stone Brick or something. Yilante 18.104.22.168 09:59, 28 November 2013 (UTC)
They do not attach themselves with wood fences.--22.214.171.124 13:01, 27 October 2012 (UTC)
Cobble stone walls; are they any use anymore?
I enclosed an NPC village with cobblestone walls. However with the latest update they'll only be 1 block high, meaning that mobs will just jump right over the walls. Will the walls ever go back to being 1.5 blocks high? If not then my walls are totally useless and I'll need to replace them with fences, or double them up.126.96.36.199 16:42, 3 November 2012 (UTC)
General Wall Page?
If/when walls can be built from many stone materials (including some new stones coming in 1.8), should "Cobblestone" be dropped from the page title, or should a whole new page be constructed? Netherbrick can be fashioned into... fences?? How odd; I wonder if those will be recategorized as walls someday. Anyway, the application of various stone/brick textures to the wall model is a logical progression, so I expect a more generalized "Wall" article to become useful ("Wall" now redirects here). –Preceding unsigned comment was added by Jeffryfisher (talk • contribs) at 07:15, 30 March 2014 (UTC). Please sign your posts with ~~~~
- 4 years late but yes for 1.14 this page will probably made into just a general wall page. – Nixinova 18:06, 10 October 2018 (UTC)
Move to wall before 1.14 release
Giorgosarv18 (taking it instantly to the talk page) This page already describes several wall blocks to begin with; why should it follow one of the walls' name and not be generalized? And besides, that it's super early to move, does not mean that the template to move for 1.14 release should be removed. FVbico (talk) 18:37, 24 October 2018 (UTC)
- Agreed, the move template had a reason beyhond just the fact that it's better named that way for 1.14. The page includes both the title cobblestone wall as well as the mossy cobblestone wall variant. This page should be moved even prior to 1.14 due to that, and I don't understand why it's been this way for so long. Actually noticed this before, but didn't think about it. Also, Giorgosarv, you're not supposed to delete move requests without discussion. Discussions aren't required to add one, as far as I'm aware, but actually removing one does. Because removing the template implies you're not agreeing with the move, which means you need to provide arguments for countering the move reason. (unless it's an obvious vandalism or something) – Jack McKalling [ ] 19:20, 24 October 2018 (UTC)
- The move template's been added back with this additional reason, and anyone who wants to disagree with the move (which would be fine) just please speak up and give your arguments right here. – Jack McKalling [ ] 19:25, 24 October 2018 (UTC)
- I Support moving this page before the release of 1.14. – Nixinova 20:07, 24 October 2018 (UTC)
- I also Support moving this page before 1.14, this page already covers different types of wall.--Capopanzone (talk) 20:43, 24 October 2018 (UTC)
- I Support moving this page before 1.14, because we already have general pages for slabs and stairs as well. Pir anha40249 (talk) 01:05, 25 October 2018 (UTC)
- Support the move, it would make the page's title more accurate. 188.8.131.52 07:18, 25 October 2018 (UTC)
- The move has been performed by Tottifrutti now. Move rrequest template could be removed, if no objections. – Jack McKalling [ ] 09:08, 25 October 2018 (UTC)
- Support the move. Slab & Stair already function like this. It would make the page's title more accurate. Oozebull (talk) 09:39, 25 October 2018 (UTC)
- Support the move without any further to explain. Lê Duy Quang (Make some words | Contributions) at 10h00:07 | 10/11/2018 (UTC)
- Done Page was moved by Giorgosarv18 and Dinoguy1000. – Jack McKalling [ ] 10:42, 12 November 2018 (UTC)
Add Border Block
This is only a suggestion and is optional. If you feel like this should be added to the article, feel free to do so. 184.108.40.206 00:09, 15 March 2020 (UTC)