Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
This is an archived discussion page. Please do not modify it. To add a new topic, go to Talk:Villager.
I have seen villagers picking wheat
I saw a villager picking wheat and leaving seeds in the wheat farm. 100% sure. Minecraft 1.0.0 –Preceding unsigned comment was added by 220.127.116.11 (Talk) 10:44, 13 December 2011. Please sign your posts with ~~~~
- Maybe he was just trampling it? (Like any other mob.) --mgr 11:08, 13 December 2011 (UTC)
- Haha, Right? They are likely trampling the wheat. they also don't plant seeds if that's what you mean. they simply drop them. well sometimes we see things that are not really happening. –Preceding unsigned comment was added by 18.104.22.168 (Talk|Contribs) 19:23, 3 July 2012. Please sign your posts with ~~~~
Icons I found
I went into the GUI folder of the 1.9 Pre-release .jar, and found interesting icons in the slot.png. What stood out was the anvil icon, and even more so the broken shovel. Do you think they'll be able to repair your tools so you don't have to go make more? MegaScience 17:15, 22 September 2011 (UTC)
- Those have been there for quite a while now... Verhalthur (talk)(contribs) 17:17, 22 September 2011 (UTC)
- Well, I just joined Minecraft just as 1.8 Pre-release came out, I believe. I'm not sure what was and wasn't there. But are these used, because I haven't seen them yet. If not, they could still be put to use like I've asked... MegaScience 17:45, 22 September 2011 (UTC)
- Well, it'd give NPCs purpose if you didn't need to keep remaking that diamond pick after hours of mining to areas unknown. But yes, we'll just have to wait and see how things go, what they have planned. Just hopes and dreams. :) MegaScience 18:00, 22 September 2011 (UTC)
- I think it's the icons in the stats option on the main menu.Punch trees, get wood 10:34, 5 April 2012 (UTC)
- Actually, the icons in slot.png are indeed used in-game and have been for a while. They appear in the "blocks" and "items" sections of the statistics menu. --McBob 06:33, 23 September 2011 (UTC)
- Well, not like they ccan't be used elsewhere. :P This is just hopes, though. Maybe, maybe not. Their decision. MegaScience 03:18, 26 September 2011 (UTC)
I was actually right. Maybe not the icons, but I gotta say: I can predict the near future. MegaScience 16:09, 27 September 2011 (UTC)
Out of curiosity, if I have an NPC village in my 1.8, then download 1.9 pre-release, is there any possibility of them spawning in the village I already have, or would I require a whole new map? 22.214.171.124 20:16, 22 September 2011 (UTC)
- You'll have to reload the chunk. Delete it in MCEdit, make sure MapFeatures is still set to 1 (mine turned itself off once after I cleared some chunks!), and re-enter that area. Bam, you'll have your very own TESTIFICATEs. Dazuro 01:20, 23 September 2011 (UTC)
"Notch insists that their noses do not look like ducks." Is this a joke? Am I the only one reading it like this?? –Preceding unsigned comment was added by 126.96.36.199 (Talk) 20:56, 23 September 2011. Please sign your posts with ~~~~
- http://twitter.com/#!/DuTchEr95/status/117111293521039360 - original tweet
- http://twitter.com/#!/notch/status/117111546995421184 - notch's reply — MiiNiPaaT|C 06:14, 26 September 2011 (UTC)
ok i need help. this has nothing to do with the talk above but i live in a mountain biome and theres no villages anywhere near here but i found a villager on the side of a mountain. WTF??? help plz. -fozzie
Yeah they probably just wandered around to your mountain, and if you find a village IMMEDIATELY build a wall to protect them.THEY WILL BE IDIOTS.It's up to you to help them!
These things freakin look like Squidward from Spongebob! I would add it in the Trivia section, but it says "Do not submit copyrighted work without permission!" Oh well... 188.8.131.52 23:25, 23 September 2011 (UTC)
- That's not copyrighted, and could be added. :) - TheBushranger 07:01, 24 September 2011 (UTC)
- Read the above messages, already been said. Go download my miniature texture pack that makes them actually Squidwards. MegaScience 07:20, 24 September 2011 (UTC)
Wolves & Villagers?
Wolves are known to attack sheep, something typical for this mob. But has anyone observed how they act towards villagers at night? I've yet to test this. -Saratje 13:23, 17 October 2011 (UTC)
- I've noticed dead chickens while wolves were near by but no villagers,so no?Desacobose 23:33, 18 October 2011 (UTC)
I like it
I like the way they look, it makes me feel special to be the only human, makes me feel like Minecraft really is a different world. Also, why does it say that there arms are crossed? If there wearing robes, why cant they just have there hands in there sleeves? Nano115 21:21, 17 October 2011 (UTC)
- Well, there are other Humans, but I know what you mean. I picture their hands as being together in a prayer position, instead of their arms being crossed. Liquid Ink 04:06, 23 October 2011 (UTC)
I Added Squidward
I added squidward to the page, look under "long protruding noses" Minecraftguy45 16:04, 25 November 2011 (UTC)
There recently has been anti-semitic vandalism on this page. I hope this does not get out of control, but in case it does, I'm going to start a list of users/ip's who've been making racist edits. I ask dedicated wikia contributors to monitor the history page for revisions made by these people to try to get racist comments removed as fast as possible. Anyone else who finds people posting anti-semitic or in any other way racist comments, I ask you add their usernames/ip's to this list.
-Also, I do realize that any racist comments will probably be removed by the first person to notice them. This is just to view all changes they make in case the people who sensor them should miss something. –Preceding unsigned comment was added by 10.147.30.22 (Talk) 14:54, 30 November 2011. Please sign your posts with ~~~~
This is stupid
I think we should remove these Squidward references ("plays clarinet"). This is not 4chan, guys. --184.108.40.206 17:19, 3 December 2011 (UTC)
Someone added references to NPCs flying airships. Is this in the new prerelease or is this just modded garbarge in mainspace? --Qwertygiy 02:13, 4 December 2011 (UTC)
- Go to http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=uc_hGVGRCqo#t=560s to see this airship. Someone said that it's a 1/1000 chance that an airship will crash and leave a trail of fire in it's wake. This is shown in this video by TheSyndicateProject. --Ryry013 12:40, 4 December 2011 (UTC)
- this is all wrong, and I will RUTHLESSLY be blocking anyone who adds it. it's been added seven times. that is quite enough for modded garbage to go. anyone who adds this AGAIN will get a month ban on the house. --Kizzycocoa 08:59, 5 December 2011 (UTC)