We are currently performing an upgrade to our software. This upgrade will bring MediaWiki from version 1.31 to 1.33. While the upgrade is being performed on your wiki it will be in read-only mode. For more information check here.
Talk:Tutorials/Survival in an infinite desert
Remove Feature Requests
The section "Feature Requests" does not have to do with Minecraft gameplay; it's just about ideas for Mojang to in-cooperate into the future. It seems like it would fit better on a Minecraft forum, rather than an informational page. Would it be okay if I removed that section? --Madminecrafter12 (talk) 15:09, 16 December 2017 (UTC)
- Ya that shouldn't be on the wiki, because otherwise the Wiki would just get cluttered with suggestions. 126.96.36.199 19:54, 16 December 2017 (UTC)
At MINECON Earth 2018 they announced palm trees, meaning infinite desert wood. That might ruin the whole page because the biggest challenge in the desert is the lack of wood, so this page may eventually be moved to the outdated section.188.8.131.52 15:19, 14 June 2019 (UTC)
- Only if it already added, however if it still challenging enough, should not marked as outdated similar to island survival after receive update aquatic.
- Wood actually can be obtained from structure. An easy way without finding mineshaft such as plant sapling found in village chest, or go to pillager outpost.
- Even still possible with generated structure off in superflat desert, just get emerald from vindicator in patrol, and use it to buy sapling and podzol from wandering trader, plant it on dirt(break podzol), wait till grow and you get wood. Already possible before palm added to the game.
- Yeah you are right, The addition of palm tree make obtain wood far easier, but there should another challenge survival such as surviving in endless mushroom field biomes, or surviving on endless badlands(without wooded badlands biome). ImakerB (talk) 21:22, 14 June 2019 (UTC)