Extra work requested
There are a few extra or better-quality images which would be helpful for this page, as follows:
- Turf roof: Very thick, made of dirt blocks, often 2-3 blocks thick, used on low-set primitive dwellings: done
- Thatched roof: This should be added now that hay bales have been added to the game. I've specifically mentioned using a couple of dormers, including an eyelid dormer, in the caption of the placeholder image. done
- Mansard roof: A better alternative mansard roof would be nice.
- Eyelid dormer: A better eyelid dormer would be nice.
- Ogee roof: A good-quality ogee roof would be nice, if someone fancies a real challenge. This should go into the curved roofs section.
- Custom/asymmetric roof types: partly done I propose a small roof gallery of common compound roofs, showing how different techniques might be mixed on a selection of typical dwellings. This could cover the kind of compound roof structure you might see on a larger or more fancy modern house, with dormers, multiple levels, a side wing, a loft extension, or perhaps a stately home. These should probably be collected together into a roof gallery section. 2-4 would be a good number.
The following four commonly tend to be barn roof types, apparently:
- Monitor roof: done
- Ogee (curved): done in curved roofs (well, mentioned, at least)
- Half-monitor: done
- Gothic: done in curved roofs
- As another issue, the page also needs a bit of attention to make it follow the wiki style guide properly.
C&P content from deleted 'Roofs' page by 22.214.171.124 01:03, 14 April 2013 (UTC)
Wow, this is great! This is what the building tutorials should be! --Mental Mouse 00:54, 13 March 2013 (UTC)
- Cool, I'm looking forward to it. Especially since the slab lighting bug got fixed in 1.5, so now we can have 2½-block ceilings without everything on the next floor casting shadows. (On the other hand, looking around my base we apparently need to worry about more realistic shadows in general.) --Mental Mouse 22:24, 13 March 2013 (UTC)