Talk:Tutorials/Respawning the ender dragon with fewer crystals
Should This Exist?
I recently removed the "delete this page" annotation so I can discuss it here.
The annotation said that the reason is that it only works with bugs. I do not think it is a valid reason for deleting this page, and I did not find anything in the official rules against making tutorials on bugs.
By those same standards, should the page on Block Update Devices and Comparator Update Devices be removed as well? Those are bugs, too, and it is one of the reasons the observer block was added to the PC edition.
Let me know what you think! If the decision is to remove it, then I want to do it myself so I can save the text.
- The main problem with tutorials on how to use bugs is that Mojang will attempt to prevent this (assuming they are aware), and the tutorial will no longer be usable. 16:41, 12 March 2017 (UTC)
Indestructible end crystals
Some of these techniques involve using indestructible end crystals in place of normal ones. While it its true that there player will not need to craft as many end crystals, indestructible end crystals are arguably harder to create, as it means killing the ender dragon while there are still crystals on the pillars (since you can’t get rid of these). I think we should remove these methods.14:14, 31 July 2019 (UTC)
- These methods involving indestructible end crystals are still relevant. Even though the dragon is harder to defeat with these crystals healing it, it is still possible. On top of that, the player can use flying machines to push the crystal so far off the main island that the dragon cannot use them to regenerate. I am, however, going to remove the 0-crystal water method that no longer works.
- Gregatron6000 (talk) 17:48, 31 July 2019 (UTC)
- @Gregatron6000: That method for using flying machines sounds like a really good idea. Could you describe it on the indestructible end crystals page?
- Also, I think indestructible end crystals are just another method for obtaining crystals. While they are worth noting, it is not reasonable to put the same information in multiple sections. Furthermore, indestructible end crystals could also be used as substitutes for crystals in the standard 4-crystal method. To avoid duplication, we could add a paragraph to the “Why bother section”, or add an “Other tips” section:
- Note: You can replace some of the crafted end crystals with indestructible end crystals.
- This would condense the information to a single section or paragraph. 21:06, 31 July 2019 (UTC)
- I also noticed the “using one crystal” section was redundant, so I added that information to the “using zero crystals” section. Is this better?