Hey guys! Djc here. I hope my contributions were useful! I love the MC science community and I thought I'd show one of my inventions. See ya! Djc1999 04:52, 9 January 2012 (UTC)
hello together. very last line: magma cubes don't drop magma cream, do they? -Anonymous
- -cause Blazes do. (They actually drop Blaze rods first. Then you can craft magma cream from the Blaze Powder). - Asterick6 05:21, 10 November 2011 (UTC)
I understand the logic of using iron bars instead of wood fence and glass, but why not cobble fence? It's cheaper than iron, while still being sturdy, transparent, and capable of blocking mob movement. Maybe this was just overlooked; I think it should be added to the article as a suggested material (in fact, maybe just mention using the stacks of cobble that should be brought to make some as needed). --184.108.40.206 22:56, 30 December 2012 (UTC)
- Most of this was written before cobblestone walls were implemented. They'd be a good replacement for most uses of iron bars listed, except windows. -- Orthotope 23:37, 30 December 2012 (UTC)
Raising the roof... Dark oak may be foiled, are there other ways?
Tree#History says that as of 1.8.2, Dark Oak branches no longer replace solid blocks. It sounds to me like this would effectively kill the bug that let us pierce the Nether's bedrock ceiling. Is there some other remaining way to do that? Even ender-pearling through the roof isn't a huge help if you have to do that every time you visit your "over-roof base". --MentalMouse42 (talk) 13:07, 6 February 2016 (UTC)
- There are still ways to phase through and break bedrock! I have them at this page.
Text says both 4×4 and 5×5. /220.127.116.11 08:16, 11 September 2016 (UTC)
Split page once 1.16 releases
I was just thinking, it may be useful to keep this page for pre-1.16 version (Tutorials/Nether survival (Before 1.16)?) as it will be very different and it seems a shame to lose all this info. -PancakeIdentity (talk) 02:34, 25 April 2020 (UTC)
- Another reason to retain this page is that - other than the 1.16 additions to the "Default" Nether becoming the Biome, of the Nether Wastes - it's probably entirely accurate, and broadly true. The addition in 1.16 of Piglins mainly has the effect of causing the player to have to Run more, until one can at least do the equivalent of finding 2 (or more, and also New) Nether Gold Ore mineral vein deposits to Craft any (4 golden nuggets X 9 Ore Blocks, into 4 gold ingots for Golden Boots) Armor, placating them. —Yilante 07:23, 25 April 2020 (UTC) 18.104.22.168 07:23, 25 April 2020 (UTC)
- I Strongly support this proposal, not only because of the above reasons, but newcomers that are playing a different version in the launcher before version 1.16 can go to the “Tutorials/Nether survival (Before 1.16)” page to get information about old Nether mechanics. Although we could add an “1.16 and After” section, I prefer creating a new page for the new Nether mechanics. —22.214.171.124 21:03, 1 May 2020 (UTC)