Talk:Tutorials/Block and item duplication
Dirt duplication is not duplication
I would not count dirt 'duplication' as duplication, as it costs gravel. I didn't want to just remove it though, in case people disagree with me
- Dirt duplication can be considered "duplication" for the following reasons:
- Very few people are aware of the full potential to be exploited
- Gravel can be duplicated as well
- Many servers frown upon dirt duplication
- Also, all the other duplication methods also cost something (redstone, time, zombies, etc).
Crafting bench duplication
No mention of the crafting bench bug in 1.12? or the ender chest dup while dropping items in 1.11.2
- There's no information about it here because I have never heard of those duplication methods before. If you have information on them, I'd be interested in hearing about it!
- Whatever information you add, make sure the method works in the current versions on Minecraft.
- Well, the recipe book duplication glitch hit the news pretty hard, but Mojang kept it hidden in their bug tracker. Here is a thread on the Minecraft forum which showcases the problem. I can confirm that it worked. Just to show the seriousness: people even developed a Recipe book dupe patch to counter the effects on Spigot. However, this is also old news right now because 1.12.1 fixed this issue. - ShelLuser (talk) 09:29, 8 August 2017 (UTC)
Does this still work this way in the 1.13 snapshots? If so, can someone update the page to better explain how to do this? --MCweb 20:57, 18 August 2017 (UTC)
- As far as I know, it is impossible to do in 1.13. If it’s still impossible by the update, then that section will be removed.
It should be made clear which methods apply to which version (Bedrock, Java, or another), and noted which version update disabled them? None of these have ever worked for me and I don't know if it's because I'm just doing it wrong or if I'm on the wrong Edition. Jariesuicune (talk) 07:02, 20 July 2018 (UTC)
- There are now separate sections for Bedrock and Java Edition exclusives as well a section for techniques that work in both editions.
Maybe we should include which update versions (ex. Java 1.2-1.3.4 or Bedrock ??-2.5) any glitch works on. A person may choose not to update/revert to a previous version (when possible, depending what hardware you are using) to be able to make use of that update's exploits? Putting the current/most recent at the top of a list, and past versions in order, putting a placeholder for when it's not apparent when it started being available?Jariesuicune (talk) 21:38, 4 August 2018 (UTC)
"The recommended build is not automatic (but that certainly can be done)"
The above quote references an AUTOMATIC piston chest duplicator but the section only describes a manual one. Having built a working manual duplicator and tried and failed to rig up an automatic one with a hopper and two chests, I'm curious if that claim is theoretical or supported by experience? Is there a trick to it I'm missing? ImmanuelCAN (talk) 07:16, 23 March 2019 (UTC)
- I am not sure if an automatic chest duplicator can be built; I don’t play Bedrock Edition. However, the fact that you did not succeed indicates that such a build might be impossible to make automatic.