- 1 Dead link
- 2 MicroShelters
- 3 Item Elevators
- 4 General Mob Farm and Blaze Mob Farm
- 5 Bulk storage / silo
- 6 Tutorials/Battle
- 7 Slime Block Redstone
- 8 shulker boxes
- 9 Did someone Already "take down" my "How to Not Kill every Horse variant you send through a Nether Portal..!" of less than 24 hours ago?
- 10 Are anvil and enchanting mechanics really considered a "tutorial"?
- 11 Remove Enchanting and Anvil Mechanics
- 12 Far lands
- 13 Edit Tutorials Template
Hey, anybody notice the dead link to a thing about "Hiding resources"? Somebody want to take that dead link out?
184.108.40.206 07:17, 6 March 2015 (UTC)
Item Elevators[edit source]
If there would be an Item Elevator page, where would it be put? I'm thinking Basic Redstone under Mechanisms, or anywhere under Farming. It should also show how to build one. 1.8 versions and a 1.9 version could be on it. Yes, I made an item elevator design that works in 1.9 without bug exploits but instead entity behavior when pushed by a piston. The reason why I didn't make this page and edit the Tutorials page is because I want the consent, or approval, of the community. Fyreboy5 (talk) 21:23, 10 November 2015 (UTC)
General Mob Farm and Blaze Mob Farm[edit source]
I think that for general mob farms, It should show more designs, some that are very efficient. The two farms I am thinking of are Mumbo Jumbo's mob farm, and Dataless822's mob farm. Dataless822 has a farm that uses slimes and has high rates. Mumbo's design. Dataless822's design. Should put these in the Mob Farm page.
- Now about Blaze farms. There is no tutorial on how to create yourself a blaze farm. I think this page should be created. Also, I know of a good and simple blaze farm tutorial. Once again, by Mumbo Jumbo, but the video is one of his earlier ones. Mumbo's Blaze Farm Tutorial.
Should I create this page? I want consent of the community. (Oh, and, by the way, I am still searching for consent of adding an item elevator page to tutorials.) Fyreboy5 (talk) 14:58, 28 January 2016 (UTC)
- You really don't need consent to write a new tutorial, just make sure it does not already exist elsewhere. The same goes for adding content to tutorials, really you only need consensus if you plan on majorly rewriting existing tutorials.
- As for specifics, if the farms are better than the current ones on the tutorial, feel free to add the new ones or entirely replace the old ones. I also think it would be useful to have a separate article for blaze farms as they are a lot different than dungeon ones. It might also be worth mentioning Generikb's "Ghetto" blaze farm, its a nice design for early game blaze farming before you have a lot of redstone and alike, I have even used it in several of my worlds. –KnightMiner t/c 15:18, 28 January 2016 (UTC)
Bulk storage / silo[edit source]
While there are many designs for bulk storage / silo on the Internet, there seems not to be a tutorial how to build one in this wiki. So I wrote a short article about it mostly for my private memo. Do you think it's worth moving to Tutorials/Silo? --Depressed pho (talk) 04:40, 25 March 2016 (UTC)
- Okay I transcribed that user page to Tutorials/Hopper#Silo. --Depressed pho (talk) 17:02, 12 April 2016 (UTC)
WHO DELETED MY PAGE TUTORIALS/BATTLE?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!? THAT TOOK ME SO LONG TO MAKE AND I WAS SO PROUD OF IT AND SOMEONE DELETED IT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!? I AM SOOOOOOO MAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE DON'T DELETE ANY MORE OF MY HARD WORK, WHOEVER DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! –Preceding unsigned comment was added by Alexster24 (talk • contribs) at 12:51, 04 May 2016 (UTC). Please sign your posts with ~~~~
- We already have a tutorial on combat, which you are welcome to contribute to; there's no need to have two pages that cover the same thing. -- Orthotopetalk 16:00, 4 May 2016 (UTC)
Slime Block Redstone[edit source]
Do you think there should be a page on slime block-based redstone (slimestone)? I think it would be very useful for learning how to build moving structures and flying machines. I do not understand enough to make this page myself, but I would love to help in any way I can!
shulker boxes[edit source]
Should I write a tutorial? 220.127.116.11 00:41, 27 December 2016 (UTC)
- I know I'm late, but there is now a page called Tutorials/Shulker box storage. If you have any ideas that are not already mentioned in the article, feel free to contribute. --01:09, 9 December 2017 (UTC)Madminecrafter12
Did someone Already "take down" my "How to Not Kill every Horse variant you send through a Nether Portal..!" of less than 24 hours ago?[edit source]
"Mercilessly edit" = "'edit' 'war'." I'm an inch from not-bothering again, so tell me why stuff's "deleted," eh? 18.104.22.168 05:16, 19 August 2017 (UTC)
- The main reason your tutorial was marked for deletion was that you created it as an article Talk page. Talk pages aren't for additional information about the subject of the article, they're for talking about the article, and only editors read them. Your audience is the wiki readers, not the editors, so your information belonged in the article page. However, there were many other problems with what you wrote, including a number of rule and style violations. Before you try editing the article again, I recommend you become more familiar with the topics in the style guide. Otherwise it's likely to be reverted again.
- Note that this page is only for talking about the Tutorials article. A better place to ask this question would be on the Talk page for the user who reverted your editing. (You can find out who that was by looking at your page's History tab.) However, since in this case your page was marked for deletion, the banner on it has a link intended to explain what the problem is. You might want to start out by following that link. – Auldrick (talk · contribs) 08:24, 19 August 2017 (UTC)
Are anvil and enchanting mechanics really considered a "tutorial"?[edit source]
Although I'm not complaining about the anvil or enchantment mechanics being mentioned here, I'm wondering whether they are correctly considered as a tutorial. The articles are in the mainspace and not a subpage of tutorials, and they are not strictly "user created" as described in the heading of this page. If they are indeed not really a tutorial as intended by this page, then they maybe should get merely an honourable mention in that section instead of being listed as a peer tutorial like they are now. Not sure if you guys think this matters or not. – Jack McKalling (t • c • p) 15:43, 22 November 2017 (UTC)
- Auldrick, you seem to think enchantment mechanics is not, are you sure? It currently is also mentioned on Template:Tutorials and on this page under heading Tutorials#Enchanting_and_smelting. – Jack McKalling (t • c • p) 15:56, 22 November 2017 (UTC)
- You're right, it apparently is a tutorial! It's so much better researched and written than the typical tutorial that I was fooled. I will revert my edit. Thanks for pinging me! --– Auldrick (talk · contribs) 16:00, 22 November 2017 (UTC)
- But wait, there's more! After re-reading the question you started this topic with, I'm now reconsidering. Note that there are redirects to these pages as subpages of Tutorials, as well as links from various mainspace articles, so they have a kind of dual role. Indeed, they are partly written in the prescriptive style of a tutorial, and are certainly useful to someone looking for a tutorial on these topics, so I don't think it would be helpful to relegate them to "honourable mention" status. I'd say let them stand as they are, though I appreciate and share your concern about the organizational propriety. There are valid arguments for both viewpoints, though, so you should continue to seek consensus. --– Auldrick (talk · contribs) 16:34, 22 November 2017 (UTC)
Remove Enchanting and Anvil Mechanics[edit source]
Can I remove the links to Enchanting Mechanics and Anvil Mechanics, because they are not tutorials, they're just regular pages.
--19:13, 22 November 2017 (UTC)Madminecrafter12 Madminecrafter12 (talk) 19:13, 22 November 2017 (UTC)
- See the topic above: It should be done by consensus since it's been this way for a long time.
Also, please remove the box around your signature. It will be very disruptive to reading in an extended discussion if your signature is made to stand out. There are lots of ways to personalize it without making it needlessly distracting. Look around on various talk pages, see what others have done, and choose elements you like.And by the way, Welcome to the wiki! We're glad to have your energy! --– Auldrick (talk · contribs) 19:28, 22 November 2017 (UTC)
- Never mind: I just realized that wasn't a generated signature. You can enter a custom signature in your user Preferences page (access it from your user account at the top right). You can then use the signature icon in the toolbar (also controlled by Preferences) above the edit box to insert your signature instead of typing it out, and it will have the standard form with date, time, etc. If you don't enter a custom signature, you'll get the standard signature like mine (except for the Pro flair). If you have trouble getting it set up, feel free to ask for help on my talk page. --– Auldrick (talk · contribs) 19:37, 22 November 2017 (UTC)
Far lands[edit source]
- If you ask me, there never should have been a tutorial on the Far Lands in the first place, because it was never an official feature of the game. It's not that that fact by itself disqualifies it—I think people's interest is enough to make a topic notable. The problem is that because it's not a feature, there's no support for it in the code and no effort is put into preserving its form or behavior across editions, releases, or even platforms. Thus, it's subject to change without notice with every release, and because it's a side effect of hardware limitations it varies from one platform (or even device) to another. You can describe it in a general way, as parts of the infinite world where normal world generation fails and the results are bizarre, but any detailed description is neither universally accurate nor maintainable as the game evolves. And that's for the Far Lands topic itself; a so-called tutorial about it is even less reliable.
- So to respond to your question, unless you intend to revise Far Lands first to make it up-to-date and accurate (which, by the way, means that all that old, obsolete Java information should be scrapped) and then update the tutorial to be relevant to whatever form of Far Lands still exists in Bedrock, then I would just let it shrivel up and die where it is. Our readers won't be helped by us putting a spotlight on a rotting corpse of a tutorial. --– Auldrick (talk · contribs) 05:44, 9 December 2017 (UTC)
Edit Tutorials Template[edit source]
I'm a relatively new user, so I'm not familiar with all the possible features, including how to edit a template. How do you edit the tutorial template, because there are many tutorial pages that were recently added that do not appear on the template. Does an administrator have to do it, or can it just be a regular user? Thanks! --Madminecrafter12 (talk) 02:11, 13 December 2017 (UTC)Madminecrafter12
- It’s difficult to find where to edit, but you can do it. Type in the search bar “Template:” and it will reveal all the templates to you. That is also where you can create a template. Template:Tutorials is what you want for this situation. From there, you can edit. Hope that helps!