The Gamepedia and Fandom account systems have now been merged. If your username is incorrect, you have accounts on both platforms that weren't merged, or you have trouble signing in, please submit a support ticket.
Talk:The Nether/Archive 2
|This is an archived version of Talk:The Nether. This page is decommissioned and not intended for discussion.|
New conversations can be added at the current talk page.
- 1 EnderMick
- 2 Pocket Edition
- 3 Worst lag
- 4 Stuff in the portal
- 5 Nether Achievement
- 6 Tweet from tomcc on 4/22/15
- 7 MCW Future
- 8 Section in Trivia is wrong as of 1.9
- 9 If I'm having to ask, it means something's wrong with the article.
- 10 Magma block
- 11 overworld mcpe
- 12 Verify Nether Reset
- 13 Upcoming 1.13 history?
so i built my nether portal and i went throgh it and i got to the nether and went back in it and it sent me to an under ground cave i never went in.I was lucky i had cheats on for survival so i did thecommand /gamemode 1 and flew back to my house. made by EnderMick 20:33, 11 May 2013 (UTC)
- Nether portals send you to different plaes in the overworld according to where you are in the Nether. My proof is here. Also, use this button to make a new comment. ×Meeples10× 21:01, 11 May 2013 (UTC)
So, I know that you can enter the Nether in Minecraft PC. Apparently, the Nether Reactor Core only works on the Pocket Edition. Can you enter the Nether in Pocket Edition. –Preceding unsigned comment was added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) 05:33, 10 July 2013(UTC). Please sign your posts with ~~~~
- No; in PE the Nether Reactor replaces the Nether dimension. Supposedly there are plans to remove the Nether Reactor and replace it with something else in the future, but I haven't seen this confirmed by anyone at Mojang. -- Orthotope talk 08:34, 10 July 2013 (UTC)
So I just got into the Nether, it lags really badly for awhile, then the game crashes. Why? Phoenixx 14:39, 21 July 2013 (UTC)
- This may be because your :OS folder (Windows) is/is almost full. If not, try using F3+A to reload chunks (Windows), and/or changing your render distance. ᐸ
Contribs17:20, 21 July 2013 (UTC)
::Yes and also it may be from too many blocks in the nether, and the awkard setups, like the void in the top.
Stuff in the portal
What is the purple stuff inside a nether portal called? Can I find it in the stuff in my inventory in creative mode?
- Stuff inside: in-game, it is called Portal. You can't find it in your inventory because it is a technical block. You can get it by using this command:
/give [player] 90 [amount]
The achievements for entering the nether have different descriptions, titles, icons, prerequisites, and versions. So shouldn't they get two separate tables since the only thing the same is the actual requirements? The main reason I'm asking is because in order for Template:Achievements to support this one case, it would take almost twice as much code. --KnightMiner (talk|contribs) 23:38, 5 May 2014 (UTC)
- So, for those interested in the double length code, see My Red Sandbox. --KnightMiner (talk|contribs) 03:45, 14 May 2014 (UTC)
Tweet from tomcc on 4/22/15
I don't see why my edit was reverted regarding the tweet Tommasso tweeted on April 22 showing a photo of the Nether in PE. It has already appeared in a development version, so how is it exactly violating MCW:FUTURE? --MarioProtIV (talk) 16:43, 3 August 2015 (UTC)
The only criteria for future content is, it must "have appeared in development versions" and must be marked as upcoming.
In the edit summary from your recent revert, you referenced another revert from a time when that content didn't pass the "development versions" criteria, before 0.12.1 build 1. But now it does pass; the stuff appears in development versions. – Sealbudsman talk/contr 15:11, 26 August 2015 (UTC)
Section in Trivia is wrong as of 1.9
As of 1.9, you can no longer go to the End without visiting the Nether, as villagers no longer sell Eyes of Ender and Blaze Rods/Powder cannot be found outside the Nether.
If I'm having to ask, it means something's wrong with the article.
Just to clarify, if I try to reset the Nether on my world in 1.9.x by deleting the DIM-1 folder, will that delete all man-made buildings in the world, or just in the Nether for that world? Like I said, if I'm having to ask, then something's wrong with the article. Rockatoa, Brickticks out! Brickticks (talk) 01:03, 8 April 2016 (UTC)
- It just resets the man-made changes in the Nether.
- Phrasing your questions in a less accusatory, confrontational, dramatic way would be nice. You come across half the time as if you're trying say "this wiki is supposed to be perfectly answering all my particular questions already, why aren't you guys doing your jobs" and it's really unnecessary. We are already eager to update and improve any page that needs it, without needling and prodding. – Sealbudsman talk/contr 01:35, 8 April 2016 (UTC)
- Done The last item on the table needed a
|foot=1at the end to close off the table properly. -Sonicwave (talk|c) 00:35, 1 July 2016 (UTC)
In pocket edition you can enter the nether and when you exit some time later the overworld time will be different. has anyone else experienced this, or is it a bug? --JimbobsDiamonds64 (talk) 20:36, 8 July 2016 (UTC)
Verify Nether Reset
The article asks for a verification for resetting the nether, however, it is basically just a button called "Reset Nether" available when opening a world. -Comedy99 –Preceding unsigned comment was added by Comedy99 (talk • contribs) at 11:15, Dec 24, 2016 (UTC). Please sign your posts with ~~~~
Upcoming 1.13 history?
- Yes, I had added upcoming 1.13 history, but for some reason the text didn't show up (it's probably some obvious mistake that I didn't notice). The problem is now fixed, though.--Madminecrafter12Talk • Contributions 03:27, 26 February 2018 (UTC)
- I'm curious if this is where to ask about Nether 1.13 History section. Specifically, Nether Ravines.
- Luckily, I saw on YouTube a depiction of about half a dozen (inside-of) hornito /caldera (I guess) mostly-vertical, pretty-long chambers with Lava substantially (but - key difference from next - roofs, too). Because just Going through the 1.13+ Nether, all I can see are the basically surface - Air, above Lava Ocean (but Netherrack, in any case, for sure is there) level - dry /Lava-less Ravines, which typically don't even have Lava at all directly in /below them.
- What I'm wondering about is whether these apparently-Larger (almost as large as the largest-possible Filled-In, below sections Underneath, Nether Fortresses, which can just be mini-mountains of Nether Brick, often going down all the way into possibly local Lava Ocean) than-described - or in the YouTube Vid. - Ravines are described, on the main Page, for this. It seems to me, that when they're so Big, they're not just as-Big roughly as the Overworld ones, but over the "35 Blocks" height described.
- That we should also describe the ways Soul Sand, Generates - though sometimes it's Netherrack, I think - making their own extensive vertical but often just-bridging, ledges. They feel like they could be bigger (seem wider, slightly to me) - possibly even taller - than the Overworld (and of course roughly 2 1 /2X as Dangerous, I'd guess, overall) (ones, Ravines). Yilante 2 /5 /19 6:15 pm 220.127.116.11 02:17, 6 February 2019 (UTC)