I made a mistake in creating this page, it should be in a section under materials. Please delete. -KinoftheFlames 08:23, 23 June 2010 (UTC)
New String Page
I just created a new page for string, separate from the materials page. The article there suggested that each item there be given a different page, so here we are. I know it's horrible (I've never made a page before), but I hope some professional editors can come here and make it a really good page. Hubertus 22:57, 21 December 2010 (CST)
I want to make the point that spider mob traps are no longer useless, because bows are needed for dispensers. This means that a large stockpile of string will make it very easy to make anti-griefer/mob traps, among other things. -Nahere 09:20, 16 January2011 (UTC)
18/06/12 I have also found that you cannot find spiders skeletons or chicken eggs In MineCraft pocket edition. That means u cannot find string bones baby Chicks or egg. Please update the pocket edition so you can get spiders Chicken eggs and more etc eToshiba
Peaceful mode + Generate Structures:OFF
Is there any way to obtain string with these two settings? Something like spinning wool into string, maybe.
Here's why I ask: Obviously there are no spiders in Peaceful mode, so those string options aren't available. From my wiki skimming, it looks like strongholds, dungeons, and abandoned mineshafts don't exist with Generate Structures: OFF. So cobwebs wouldn't be available, either?
--220.127.116.11 17:45, 1 March 2012 (UTC) (quirkster)
- In 1.1, dungeons are created even with Generate Structures off; this may be a bug. Strongholds aren't generated, and I don't think abandoned mineshafts are either. So there is some string, but it's not easy to get. -- Orthotope 20:30, 1 March 2012 (UTC)
Rope should be added, so that players could tether animals to blocks and so that the player could climb down ravines and such without ladders. It could be made out of 3 pieces of string, placed vertically through the middle of the crafting table. –Preceding unsigned comment was added by 18.104.22.168 (Talk) 18:31, 31 March 2012 (UTC). Please sign your posts with ~~~~
Does anyone have quotes for it can be placed anywhere in the future by Pnupy 21:51, 29 May 2012 (UTC)
- Pnupy tripwire string will now be placeable in the next snapshot. 22.214.171.124 17:58, 30 May 2012 (UTC)
The page shows tripwires, but does not explain means in which to make/acquire it. Someone please add this. Thanks in advance! 126.96.36.199 23:10, 3 February 2013 (UTC)
- Dude, there's a section titled "Tripwires", with a subsection "Placing and removing tripwires". Try reading those. --Mental Mouse 00:19, 4 February 2013 (UTC)
Tripwire on trap doors
Just thought I should add that tripwire can be placed, and attached to hooks, on top of trap doors, even open ones. For all your floating tripwire needs. -visitor Edit: Apparently, floating yet attached tripwire can be achieved by placing it on certain blocks, which do not make it disappear when destroyed. For now, I only know that trap doors (when on the lower part of the block) and redstone fit this category. Tripwire can be placed on them and remains "hooked" when they are destroyed. I don't know if this is common knowledge, I just thought it was worth mentioning.
Xbox 360 - Jungle Temples
I know that in the Desert Temples there is a Stone Pressure Plate but since Trip Wires aren't in the 360 Edition, what goes in Jungle Temples to activate the trap, or is there no trap in the 360 Edition?
Which mobs avoid tripwires?
I just noticed Iron Golems seem to avoid tripwires. A section about mobs' reaction to tripwires would be useful. Best regards, IP 188.8.131.52 17:46, 10 October 2019 (UTC)
- Oppose To the average player, they are one and the same thing; tripwire is often called string by players too.
- Aside from placing tripwire and as a crafting ingredient, string has no other uses either, so they really aren't different from eachother. FVbico (talk) 13:01, 29 October 2019 (UTC)