- 1 Wolves
- 2 Dispensers
- 3 Water balloons?
- 4 Renewable
- 5 More comfirmation please?
- 6 Cannot be made for "Any brewable potions"?
- 7 Logical reason "Weak Potions" would work on skeletons/ghasts?
- 8 Grid Images?
- 9 Jeb's Tweet
- 10 Molotovs
- 11 Splash potions lower duration???
- 12 Splash Potion Crafting
- 13 Attacks
- 14 Spread
- 15 Potion effects on mob damage
- 16 "Effects on inflicted damage" outdated
- 17 Move to Splash Potion?
- 18 Splash mundane potion
I do remember reading somewhere that Wolves are affected by potions, but they aren't listed on the page? Can anyone confirm this, and for Neutral, Hostile, and Friendly Wolves? --Dessalet 04:40, 26 November 2011 (UTC)
- All living things are affected by potions, wolves needn't be specifically mentioned.22.214.171.124 19:47, 18 March 2012 (UTC)
Do dispensers fire these? --126.96.36.199 19:48, 13 October 2011 (UTC)
Yep they do ;p its avesome ;p -- 188.8.131.52 20:11, 13 October 2011 (UTC)
- omg, i am in love --HexZyle 20:48, 13 October 2011 (UTC)
- This reminds me of the seeds from Pokemon mystery dungeon. (Nerdgasm)--HexZyle 23:21, 13 October 2011 (UTC)
Ja- rate! Cobalt32 21:40, 13 October 2011 (UTC)
The Pokemon mystery dungeon and TF2 references make me happy :D 184.108.40.206 22:32, 16 October 2011 (UTC) Tropius
- If Notch ever decides to release Minecraft on Steam, I have some Minecraft-based weapon ideas for TF2. Cobalt32 13:58, 21 October 2011 (UTC)
- Diamond Force-Of-Nature :D? BlockBarracade 22:19, 2 November 2011 (UTC)
- Sorry, no; just stuff like a diamond sword for Demoman, a potion of swiftness as a Bonk! atomic punch re-skin, Splash Potions as Jarate or Mad Milk, and maybe a diamond pick or shovel for Soldier. Cobalt32 22:48, 2 November 2011 (UTC)
These Splash Potions sound alot like chemical filled water balloons. Are they like Water Balloons? BlockBarracade 21:07, 2 November 2011 (UTC)
Are these renewable, or do you lose the glass canister once its fired? Because I'm a scrooge and would like to know if i have to dig up an entire desert over the duration of my game. (1 sand block = 1 potion bottle) --HexZyle 03:55, 15 October 2011 (UTC)
- nope there nonrenewable they break and dissapear
- Ah poop. Oh well then. I'll just build my wizard tower near a desert :) --HexZyle 05:20, 16 October 2011 (UTC)
More comfirmation please?
Other than two pictures which can easily be a mod, there is no confirmation, especially since Notch said he would prefer to add grenades. -aattss
download 1.9pre4 and look for yourself.
Cannot be made for "Any brewable potions"?
Logical reason "Weak Potions" would work on skeletons/ghasts?
Skeletons would have trouble drawing the bow back, affecting the power (and speed) of the arrow. While Ghasts have to generate fireballs from their bodies, so a weak Ghast puts less energy in the fireball.
Does that sound reasonable?
Jitterskull 16:51, 16 October 2011 (UTC)
I see what you mean, but I think the lack of effect is more a technical issue than a logical one. Either way, if there was some way to make potions of weakness reduce the attack range/power of projectile-using mobs, that would be cool. Cobalt32 21:36, 20 October 2011 (UTC)
- Done. --mgr 01:20, 10 December 2011 (UTC)
The statement "Skeletons, Zombie Pigmen and Zombies are supposed to be damaged by healing potions, however an error in coding stopped them from being harmed by Poison and Harm potions" does not seem to be in line with what jeb_ actually said in the tweet used in the citation. That he said that the undead are "supposed to be harmed by healing, as expected" implies they are using the standard RPG mechanic whereby undead are harmed by healing and healed by harming potions (or spells). Therefore I doubt they are supposed to be harmed by the poison or harm potions. He said them not being affected was a bug, not that they should be affected the same way. gz33 (talk) 23:20, 20 October 2011 (UTC)
Removed the reference to Molotov Cocktails and the corresponding Wikipedia link - really not relevant to Minecraft or interesting in any way. 220.127.116.11 14:41, 25 November 2011 (UTC)
Splash potions lower duration???
I have had a look at the way splash potions affect the duration and strength of the potion. Some potions, when made into a splash potion, it seems to lower their duration. Can someone confirm this for me because I can't see it on the page?
Splash Potion Crafting
How do you craft the container of a splash potion? Please help. Pressthebutton 15:38, 25 December 2011 (UTC)
Wait, never mind. You need gunpowder. Pressthebutton 15:39, 25 December 2011 (UTC)
Do Splash Potions explode or do their contents splash onto enemies? Or what?-Guest
I've been looking in the coding to try to add a fishing potion for a mod. It seems that the falloff is not as shown. the duration decreases linearly with distance, not taxicab distance as shown and also, the potions' effects seem to only be able to travel 4 blocks, not 18.104.22.168.232 19:54, 18 March 2012 (UTC)
Potion effects on mob damage
Nice work, Guest91111! It occurs to me it would be useful to have the effects on golems, if possible. --Mental Mouse 20:07, 25 November 2012 (UTC)
"Effects on inflicted damage" outdated
The column for potion of weakness seems outdated. Potions of weakness only reduce the base damage (before adjustment for difficulty level) by 0.5 damage (0.25 heart), not 1 heart as shown. This appears to have changed in 1.6. Anomie x (talk) 01:45, 23 May 2014 (UTC)
Move to Splash Potion?
- Agree. Will require administrator intervention, as Splash Potion has an edit history. –KnightMiner (t|c) 03:28, 4 November 2014 (UTC)
Splash mundane potion
What is the point of brewing a splash potion with no effects? If you plan to brew a splash potion of weakness, you can add a fermented spider eye to water, then add gunpowder.22.214.171.124 03:47, 23 January 2015 (UTC)