Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
If a spider sustains damage from a source other than a direct attack from the player, such as falling, its hostility will be reset.
When a spider sees an Iron Golem, it will run towards it. However, if, while doing so, it falls off a cliff and gets fall damage, it will still be looking for the Iron Golem. This is also true for Cave Spiders. Do I understand it wrong, or is the information above/in the article wrong? 126.96.36.199 11:10, 23 November 2018 (UTC)
The article says that spiders spawn in a 3x3x2 blocks space. I don't believe this is true. I think they spawn in a 2x2x1 block space. --188.8.131.52 17:33, 1 May 2016 (UTC)
They can spawn in 2x2x2 or 2x2x1 if the block above is glass or other transparant block.–Preceding unsigned comment was added by Einyen (talk • contribs) at March 26, 2018 (UTC). Please sign your posts with ~~~~
How do I add images
Harryvideoz (talk) 16:22, 17 June 2018 (UTC)
- Hi Harryvideoz and welcome to the wiki! Unfortunately, you can't just link to a URL to get an image to show. However, you can upload an image to the wiki. You can find instructions here on how to do that. Then, to incorporate it into the gallery, put "[Image name]|Caption" within the two <gallery> tags in the gallery section, which will render the image. There's a lot more info here, but remember that edits can always be reverted if they mess something up and other editors will be happy to clean up after you if you make a mistake. If you have any questions, please let me know!--Talk to me 16:38, 17 June 2018 (UTC)
It says that spiders were given the ability to climb in Beta 1.2, but that's wrong. I know that it was after the Nether was added but before leaf decay was re-introduced, so it must have been Alpha 1.2.1 or Alpha 1.2.2. –Preceding unsigned comment was added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) at 21:37, October 27, 2016 (UTC). Please sign your posts with ~~~~
- Try using the launcher to open some of those old versions, view some spiders and see what they do in some Alpha versions and some Beta versions, and see if it's right? – Sealbudsman talk/contr 01:52, 28 October 2016 (UTC)
- Looking through page history, it looks like this edit was made the day Beta 1.2 was released, and it's the first time spider-climbing is mentioned.
- Also it made a big splash on the Spider talk page that day, starting with this entry.
- Also Leaves#History indicates they re-removed leaf decay in Alpha 1.2.3_01 (it was the same day it was re-introduced), and re-re-introduced leaf decay in Beta 1.0. Perhaps you're remembering it being around the same time they reintroduced leaf decay, except that the reintroduction you remember was maybe actually the one in Beta 1.0? – Sealbudsman talk/contr 04:26, 28 October 2016 (UTC)
Spider eyes and wolves
It has been mentioned in several articles that spiders drop their eyes when killed by a tamed wolf. But I just had my wolves kill a dozen spiders in Creative, and no eyes dropped. (The exp orbs did, however.) I think that with the introduction of loot tables the eye drop now follows the generic condition "only when killed by player", so wolves no longer work. Can someone confirm this? 220.127.116.11 10:25, 12 December 2017 (UTC)