I find that sneaking can be incredibly helpful when making bridges or peering over ledges. To quickly make an efficient bridge, simply hold the shift key and walk backwards while looking down. Has anyone else found any other helpful uses?
-The only other thing I can think of is Notch reducing the mob detection radius drastically while sneaking in the future... :P -Dannydork
I've noticed, (in patch 1.1.2 at least) after you come out of sneak mode, all the sounds for the steps that you took that didn't play, get played back all at once.
- Same as when you walked on a fence and then walk on a different surface --BlueLegion 06:54, 1 October 2010 (UTC)
The reverse fog rendering order doesn't really fit on this page. Can someone find a better location and sneak (ahah, pun!) it into that page instead? --XipXoom 17:41, 12 November 2010 (UTC)
- Maybe we should make a Fog Article? I can't seem to find a page like that. --Fishrock123 12:00, 12 November 2010 (CST)
Not stomping crops in SMP
When I sneak in SMP, my crops still flatten and die. Is this normal? I believe it still happens with the current version. Zaybertamer 04:40, 4 January 2011 (UTC)
actually, while sneaking, youre not 1.5 meters tall. if you were, you could crawl under a 1.5 block small hole, witch I tested and doesnt work. i say youre 1.6 when sneaking.
- You are 1.76 metres tall when sneaking, if your hitbox changed and assuming you get lowered exactly 1/8th of a block. --HexZyle 06:05, 26 July 2011 (UTC)
About How Slow does sneaking make you move? or rather, what is the speed reduction, compared to the normal walking speed? Jarwain 17:36, 27 August 2011 (UTC)
Talked to Notch today about an idea
Notch joined a server that i was on....and i asked if he could possibly make it so hitting the sneak button would turn it on and off....instead of just holding it. and he said he might have jeb do that... so it might be a future feature... :) maybe an option to make it both ways for people who like holding it down instead?Silverfox6000 03:04, 4 September 2011 (UTC)
- Some sort of toggle feature for sneaking would definitely be useful in certain situations, but we can't just take your word for it; we need actual, verifiable word from Notch, Jeb, or another trusted source that it's being implemented before we note it here. ;) 「ディノ奴千？！」? · ☎ Dinoguy1000 02:04, 5 September 2011 (UTC)
yea i know...if i seem him again i'll ask him to give me a metion on twitter or something..he seems to like my friends server and freezing him in place all the time just cause his IP looks funny... which brings me to a question...how is able to join just anyones? we dont list it online...does notch have some program that finds servers? even if they private?--Silverfox6000 06:24, 5 September 2011 (UTC)
- When you connect to Minecraft.net when you log in, your IP is submitted. IP tracing is easy, especially if you are the developer of an enormously popular online game. --HexZyle 15:32, 5 September 2011 (UTC)
I tried the sneak lock/toggle directions given for Windows (press Alt while holding down Shift). This is not working for me (I am running the game on Windows 7). Is the toggle actually programmed into the game or is there something more I should be doing to get it to work? If anything the directions need to either be clarified if there is something more to it, or taken off if the toggle doesn't actually work.--D'Arc Joe 06:58, 5 September 2013 (UTC)--D'Arc Joe 06:53, 5 September 2013 (UTC)
- I tried this on Windows 8 and it does not work there as well. I suspect it is the result of a Windows-ism rather than intended functionality.--NoTimeToulouse (talk) 16:14, 28 September 2013 (UTC)
sneak + chat doesnt work anymore!
delete it already .
Incorrect bug entry
"In creative mode, if you hold the sneak button and then double tap the space bar to fly, you jump up and you are stuck at the height you jumped up in and stay like that until you release the space bar."
A. Dat grammar B. When holding shift and the spacebar while flying you do not travel in either direction, since they cancel each other out. This is not a bug.
We can has fix? Scar7752 :3 04:49, 15 February 2012 (UTC)
1.14 Update (Village and Pillage) 's 19w12a Snapshot (so possible) Changes /additions
So a further thought after considering for that Snapshot if we could - Hitbox being-lowered to 1.5 Blocks when Sneaking - "Duck," and make "new (access, not formal Blocks) door(-type)s." Oh, wait no, that was it, that we could "Duck" *ducks* Yilante 3 /22 /19 2:10 p.m. 18.104.22.168 21:11, 22 March 2019 (UTC)
- Well, so far in 1.14 "the Swimming animation" (which I think of as "belly crawling" / "crawling") begins whenever I am in a 1-high space. Newly-created by putting a Trapdoor horizontally, suddenly-above, myself.
- So Trapdoors (any other things?) might be useful to carry-around (in Inv'y. ) for use, to go into vertically narrow places. Though it means I gotta re-think perhaps where I put my Trapdoors at various Ladder levels..! heh Yilante 4 /24 /19 10:09 a.m. 22.214.171.124 17:09, 24 April 2019 (UTC)