Are the noon/day/night/midnight sounds excluded from resource packs?
I read through the list but did not see anything that would imply it's the sound(s) played at different times of day. I searched for and then played a couple of the vaguely-named sounds, but either they were music (too long to be the time-of-day sounds) or my computer couldn't find the files (even-though I have an extracted 1.8 resource pack on my computer that I use as a guide). Are the time-of-day sounds taken as a tidbit from some other sound? If so, which ones? I've tried just Googling this, but I don't know what to call these sounds, and all my search results have been useless so far. Or are those sounds missing from this wiki list? If so, can someone please add them? Thanks. 22.214.171.124 10:27, 5 February 2015 (UTC)
- What are you talking about? Are you sure you're not using a mod? There are no sounds associated with time of day. LB(T|C) 16:21, 9 February 2015 (UTC)
Changes in 1.9?
It is stated that the required version number will be changed, will there be any breaking changes to resource pack structure or composition? Are there any how-tos to explain migration from 1.8.x to 1.9? –Preceding unsigned comment was added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) at 14:45, 01 October 2015 (UTC). Please sign your posts with ~~~~
- Almost all of the changes are related to the model format. Specifically, almost all of the display tag data has changed, a lot of old models now use the [[Model#Block states|multipart format], and models such as fishing rods and bows now use item tags for states rather than hardcoded states. Assuming you have done nothing with models, the only change really affecting you would be that clocks and compasses now use item tags to determine the frames based on time/direction, rather than an "animation".
- The best spot to find help with updating would be reading the changes on model (should all be marked with [upcoming]), and if you have any other questions, a good place to ask would be on the Minecraft Forums (around here I seem to be the only resource pack expert, and just about everything I know about this I already added to the articles). –KnightMiner t/c 20:53, 1 October 2015 (UTC)
I can't find the dispenser failing sound. Where is it? I thought the most fitting was "wooden_click.ogg", but that's really just the wooden button. I can't find anything else that sounds like it belongs to dispensers. Fabian42 (talk) 18:02, 23 April 2016 (UTC)
- I'm pretty sure the failing sound is just the default "random.click" (successful one) but with a lower pitch. You won't be able to change its sound using a resource pack. –KnightMiner t/c 19:30, 24 April 2016 (UTC)
Link to first converter
Converting old packs requires TWO converters, one to get it updated to 1.5 and another to get 1.5 to 1.6. You've only got the second one linked (in history under 1.6). I really think both should be linked, and probably a LOT sooner in the article. –Preceding unsigned comment was added by WildBluntHickok (talk • contribs) at 10:34, 19 May 2016 (UTC). Please sign your posts with ~~~~
- To who do you talk? And please sign your discussion... bits. Fabian42 (talk) 16:15, 19 May 2016 (UTC)
- I doubt many people are still needing to convert texture packs to resource packs, though in any case since that is useful information I moved it to the texture pack article. (as the beginning is a bit more useful than the result there, and the first converter has nothing to do with resource packs anyways) –KnightMiner t/c 04:19, 20 May 2016 (UTC)
The Word of Notch: August 9, 2010
wordofnotch:926969603. On August 9, 2010, Notch said that a video had convinced him he should add support for server texture/resource packs. I think it would be good to mention this, but I can't really find anywhere it would fit. Maybe on texture pack somewhere? ―HalfOfAKebab (talk, contribs) 19:36, 27 August 2017 (UTC)
Pack.png and the title screen panorama's seeds
I've always questioned what the seeds were and i'm sure many others have, but I'm not sure how to find it without spending my entire life checking all 9,223,372,036,854,775,807 of the possible seeds there are for the both world generations. StoneRuigi (talk) 18:48, 10 June 2018 (UTC)
- Those images have existed for so long, they probably don't match any existing seed. The terrain generation has changed at least two times since the last time panorama changed. –KnightMiner t/c 22:26, 10 June 2018 (UTC)
Can someone please give me a tutorial video or instructions on how to use resource packs on my Windows 10? I want to turn the beautiful end poem about playing Minecraft and multiple plains of reality into me and a friend talking about how annoying the player is. –Preceding unsigned comment was added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) at 2:29, 17 July 2018 (UTC). Please sign your posts with ~~~~
- You are better off asking on the forums for something so specific. This article explains in general how resource packs work and the structure, so you should be able to find the needed information there, but if not the forums can give additional help. –KnightMiner t/c 22:13, 18 July 2018 (UTC)
What is the difference between the resource pack selection screen in 1.14 and before? The two people who attached the two images just had a different GUI screen and the old one of course doesn't contain "programmer art". But what else? If it's just the "programmer art", there shouldn't be a "before" image, everything in that image would also be contained in the "after" image. Fabian42 (talk) 09:46, 30 April 2019 (UTC)
The folder structure here sucks. Do you expect me to read all these lines? –Preceding unsigned comment was added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) at 13:46, 02 September 2019 (UTC). Please sign your posts with ~~~~
Folder structure sucks
Can you make the folder structure better? I don't want to read all these lines. You should have put proper folder structure (expand/shrink folders).
220.127.116.11 09:10, 13 September 2019 (UTC)